Chapter Twenty-Six: The Forest.

IMPRESS.

Chapter Twenty-Six: The Forest.

---

"I can't believe almost every photo we've gone through there is a sign mum was being watched. And! I can't believe all these letters we've read are mostly from people we have either never heard of or simply haven't met."

"Yeah and a majority of the letters seem a little stalkerish. Some are asking for her help but don't really specify what help is needed," Alaric noted. "I don't get it, what could she have possibly been of help with?"

I shrugged, anxiously biting my bottom lip.

"I don't know... I'm a little distracted by all the notes of blackmail she got too," I shivered worriedly and became frantic of my surroundings. What if my brother and I were being watched this moment?

"We are going to find out who most of these people are and question them, maybe you more than me since I have many duties to attend to but don't worry sis, we will track down the person sending you weird notes and hopefully whoever killed mother and father, I promise..." Alaric hugged me against his shoulder before placing a kiss against the side of my head.

I nodded in agreement, "I promise we will find out no matter what and even if by going on this hunt to find the betrayer means death, then death it shall be."

My determination was fog covering up all the consequences and the risk I would be taking by visiting and trying to track down all these people.

Davina Utupris
Unknown
Ashira (who did not address her surname?)
Richard Harris (the only name we recognised)
Sam Thorne
Iris Haven
Kai Lovell
Unknown
Daya El Rigo

...

And the list continues.

My mother was a jewel to Asten, I see why her disappearance was such a big thing that will go down in history forever. So many people wrote to her about how much they adored her and how much they thought she suited the King.

Some were the complete opposite, though, some were calling my mother a whore, gold digger and witch.

In the photos seen, my mother was always the heart of them, laughing and smiling with the King, Lord Hilbert, Oberyn before he rebelled and other people in the castle including slaves and servants in every picture.

The King genuinely looked happy, happier than he did now actually.

Happier with my mother than he was with Melisandre.

"I have to go back and finish a few things but I have asked Derek to come later and do something fun with you so you don't get too bored..." Alaric notified standing up and heading towards the door.

"Okay thanks, I'll see you later..." I smiled at your brother whilst waving goodbye.

When the door slammed shut, I quickly went back to the file we had been searching through and took the picture of the stalker looking at my mum through the portrait and slipped it into my bra.

Everything else I put back ready to return to Richard Harris' room...

Maybe after I drop it off using my invisibility I could try to find Evelyn and Xander and I don't know... Catch up?

***

"We are going hunting..." Evelyn announced passing me a bow and then Xander patted my shoulder supportively as he adjusted a bag of arrows over my shoulder.