Chapter Two: Burning Village

IMPRESS.

Chapter Two: Burning Village

---

.

.

"Harrison! Help me!" I cried and begun to cough from all the smoke that lingered in the air.

I could hear him curse under his breath as he thought of what to do. If he wasn't careful, he could set alight and as a vampire, it was easy to be killed by fire. Unless you had royal blood.

"Natalya, run through the fire! Even if it burns, run through it!" Harrison instructed and I shook my head, tears streaming down my cheeks from crying.

There was just too much fire. 

Everywhere...

"Harrison, I'm scared!" I cried out to him, stepping back from the fire and falling backwards. I winced as my back hit the grey floor. I was going to die, this was it.

The fire continued to spread as I stayed in this position looking up at the roof and ignoring Harrison's consistent calls from the outside. From this point on, everything went by in a blur as I had inhaled a fair amount of smoke.

A figure that I made out to be Harrison, had run in through the orange flames which were burning down every inch of the house I could no longer call home.

I was picked up bridal style, coughing hysterically and choking from the smoke, "Don't worry, you're safe." Harrison's voice echoed in my ears and made me relax slightly as he ran back out the house.

The speed he used to run made my vision blur even more, as dizziness almost overcame me.

The cold air cleared the smoke in my system and Harrison dropped me down to the ground, making me flash back to reality when I saw his clothes were on fire and so was mine.

Thankful that Harrison dropped me down so that I was able to easily pat my dress until I could no longer see any flames. I stood back up on my feet and helped Harrison by patting and ripping off the bits of his clothes where it was burning. I had to rip the front bit of his shirt where his toned torso came into show. My eyes froze on his perfect body for a moment until I realised he had noticed me checking him out.

Harrison wore a smirk on his soot-covered face.

I hadn't been burnt although my skin had touched the fire, and I briefly arched my brow in confusion when I saw that Harrison had two minor burns. Weird?

I coughed again and again from the smoke in the air, and then remembered my parents!?

"Harrison, have you seen my mom and dad? I can't fin-"

Harrison's eyes shifted to something behind me and I slowly turned to see the entire poor side of the village in flames. The inferno had swept through the village.

"I think I just saw your parents. They just went into that burning house! Come."

I followed Harrison as we ran to where crowds of people were stood watching the house that Harrison claimed that my parents went in.

No. No. No.

God please, no.

This house was one of the first ones to catch on fire, so it was absolutely engulfed in flames, "My parents are in there?!" I screamed, getting ready to run through the front door. When I went running towards the house, Harrison pulled me back, shaking his head.

"No Natalya, you cannot, you'll die if you go in there," Harrison held me back by the waist as I squirmed and struggled to try and get out of his hold.