Chapter Sixty-One: Darkness Reigns.

IMPRESS.

Chapter Sixty-One: Darkness Reigns.

____

"You win," I stomped over to the bed with my blanket and Preston smiled proudly with a simple shrug, "I knew you wouldn't last."

After playfully glaring at him, I rolled my arms and slid under the covers beside Preston who moved over to create more room for me.

Before I laid down I pointed a finger at Preston with a knowing look in my eye, "no touching."

"Can't promise," he winked and laid down, leaving panic to grow on my face as I processed his response and shut my eyes.

10 hours later...

I allowed the ice-cold crystal water to pour from the shower head and soak my body, ridding of exotic body wash I'd used to cleanse myself as I shut my eyes.

Thoughtfully thinking whilst the water drenched my skin, I closed my arms in a cross over my shoulders and slid my cold hands down my arms.

I swayed my body around so the water would hit each and every inch of skin, swaying so much that my hips adapted a rhythm of their own.

I began to hum to ease my mind, the same discordant tune I had been humming since the early of four playing from my lips. It was the same endless tune I had hummed the night of my parents' death, and although the tune was somewhat haunting now, it had already become a habit to hum it to myself.

Back at the castle, I'd also caught myself humming the same tune under my breath a few times also.

As I relaxed and closed the outside world from my thoughts, I kept my hips swaying and my feet moving to the point I was almost dancing inside the confined space of the shower.

Suddenly, when I had finally decided to briefly reopen my eyes, I caught a glimpse of black smoke which was for one definitely not steam, arising in my shower.

At first, I was startled to the bones. My body tensed and I was seconds away from screaming for Preston. However, when I felt a pair of hands gently squeeze my hips from behind, I relaxed again.

That warm and tender touch was too hard not to recognise... I peered down having stopped swaying and saw those familiar tan hands that were emblazed in a cloud of greyish black smoke.

For a moment my breath caught in my throat and I slowly widened my eyes registering the fact I wasn't alone in the shower... Registering the fact I was naked in the shower and not just someone, but the demon king was present also.

I was unable to utter a single word, I was in too much shock at the fact my shower had been invaded. That I was extremely naked and completely vulnerable.

When the demon king smelt no fear and saw no sign of hesitation from my part, he let his soft hands graze my skin, carefully hugging my body to his naked chest and tracing his hand over every inch of my body.

I opened my mouth surprised by how intimate the demon king was getting. This was the most intimate he'd been since our first meeting, it was strangely exciting.

His affectionate touch alone had a moan fighting to burst out from my lips, but I bit it back.

"Preston-" I questioningly gasped but only to be cut off by a long hush from the King himself.

"Shushhhh, give me a chance to admire my beautiful bride," Preston wickedly smirked whilst whispering into my ear, whispering in a very sexy and seductive way that had me sucking my bottom lip.