Chapter Eighty Six: The Sacrifice.

[A/N: LONGASS CHAPTER! Hope you can keep up with the POV changes lol enjoy!]

Here is

Chapter Eighty-Six: The Sacrifice

---

Harrison's POV~

"You ready?" Preston asked, nudging my arm and drawing my attention to him.

I cleared my throat, nodding. "Yeah, let's get this over and done with."

"That's my boy," he hit my back proudly and grinned. "I'll lure him over and when I give you the signal, you let that arrow go, got it?"

Holding the bow that the black witch had handed me, I locked my arrow in place. "Noted."

"You know what, Harrison. I may have doubted you too soon," Preston admirably assessed me from head to toe, seemingly impressed by my determination to kill King Zachary Beaumont. "Keep this up and you may be in the running to be my head advisor as King."

"The pleasure would be mine," I forced a smile and feigned excitement at his offer of promotion.

Playing along was harder than I thought it would be but the witch precisely warned me not to falter. Demons were talented liars so their ability to see through even the whitest of lies was unrivalled.

"I'll go let Blake, Kai, Ava and Kat in on the plan. Lay low while I'm gone, I'll be right back," he arrogantly winked before heading off. I gritted my teeth, angered by his audacity to act as if nothing he was doing was wrong.

I could barely look the man in the eyes nor face him without seeing through his lies and great big facade. I would never forgive myself for being fooled. If I had known of all his wrongdoings in the beginning, I would have put an end to his charades... But of course, Preston made sure to keep me in the shadows, preventing me from doing so.

Honestly, how could he live with himself after what he'd done? How could he fall for the girl of the parents he'd killed? It was seriously fucked.

I just hoped the black witch's plan would work. I had every ounce of confidence it would since it was so far-fetched but then again, there was no telling what could happen. As I'd recently discovered, Preston was as unpredictable as the weather. There was no telling whether he was one step ahead at any time or not.

I mean- you would have to be insanely paranoid to suspect a thing in this situation but as long as I kept his suspicions at bay, there'd be a chance at victory.

"Harrison!"

My thoughts were suddenly interrupted by a melodic voice.

"Natalya?" I muttered in recognition. Instantly turning at the sound of her voice with a massive amount of traction leaving my shoulders in the process. Her voice was still loudly coherent amidst all the noise and mayhem. Somehow offering a sense of normality in a world of uncertainty.