chapter 23 SPLASH! CRASH! AND A DASH OF SH!T!!

Start from the beginning

He just stood there, I didn't want to hurt him any further, I had made such a terrible mistake. "Your him-you. Not him that thing. I'm so sorry Jace," I felt like the scum of the world beneath disease and cancer for hurting him. How could I not know? Suddenly I questioned if any of it was real or not in the first place, "Your you. Your you. Not him," I found myself saying without realizing it, "What-what the hell are you talking about? Of course he's him, what's wrong with you?" Tiffany said shocked, baffled, and confused. "What is going on?" "Yeah?" Robby piped up, along side Tiffany.

"Shh! Please I need quiet, I need to think!" I rushed out, I needed to clear my head, I needed to find out what all this meant. If this was the 'real' Jace, where and what is the other 'Jace?' "Robby come on! Tell me you noticed?" I didn't hear a reply so I let go of Jace, and spun around to face Robby. "Well?..." with my words and eyes I pleaded to him to please answer, and with the truth, "Well um,... I mean come on! Do I really need to answer this?" "You do! Now!" I retorted "No. no I didn't-don't. I don't even know what your talking about, I'm still trying to find out what the hell is going on starting with walking in the door earlier. Which I might add, no one has cared to tell me, just what that is. Or what exactly has happened to Tiffany, and you, and why you were both just in prison yesterday." shiz I had forgotten he hadn't been involved, that he is completely clueless in all of this.

"Samantha what is going on?" Tiff, not quite shouted but more, raised her voice sternly. "Were you asleep the entire time? Did you see the Jace, or talk to him like at all?" I asked seeming to me that everything was normal sounding, "What are you talking about, 'the Jace' don't you mean just 'Jace?' honestly girl your freaking me out." "Oh god! This is sounding like I'm crazy-I'm not, just listen-focus! Did you see Jace at all? Did you notice anything different about him?"

"No I-I," "Oh come on don't do this to me!" Tiff just threw up her hands in confusion, complete with a shoulder shrug, and shot up eyes brows, "Tiffany of all people here you should know what the hell I mean when I say 'different' after all these days and all we've been through, I thought that you would be the one to understand, just please try to think back. All other thoughts aside," understanding melted her face, and her eyes rolled up in concentration. I waited patiently but not without angst.

"No, like I started to say, I-I didn't notice anything, I mean Jace is Jace. He wasn't melting or anything."

I decided that I might've been going about this all wrong so I spun once again around to face Jace this time, "Jace where were you just now, no-no never mind just tell me exactly where you were the entire last 48 hours, and do-if you even think about lying I'll know," I said switching tactics at the end in case this was all a trick, I had to play hard ball incase.

His face shot into a 'what the eff?' expression, and I pressed him, and miraculously Tiffany caught on coming to my side, and said, "Just answer Jace, what hurt could it do?" and then Jace's face contorted into 'what hurt huh? As he shot up his thumb and pointed to his busted nose, before scoffing. Tiffany let out a meek "Oh, yeah..." "Please, Jace. Just please..." I pleaded once more, and he recanted everything, and I mean everything, begrudgingly he did, from bathroom trips to nap time. I noticed something in particular and asked a very specific question, "When was the last time you say you saw me again?"

"What-what kinda question is that?" he scoffed, "Answer the question please," "Your were asleep finally, and I slipped out to go home I wasn't sure when you were going to wake, I wanted to surprise everyone with coffee. Now its my turn-" his whole demeanor changed now, and his voice rang of authority. Before he could continue I tried cutting him off with a question but was immediately silenced, "-now wait just a damn minute. I think-Samantha that, I've been extremely patient and understanding and kept all my questions to such a minimum that things have gone too far-so far that I'm this close to my breaking point. Now is the time for answers, and I don't want any bull when it comes to the truth alright?"