• Mina Ashido •

Fem! Reader

Quirk: Heat Shield;

The user can create shields that are extremely hot. The shapes can vary from circles, spheres, and ovals.

Drawbacks:

If the user explodes 3 or more shields the user will receive 3rd-degree burns. The burns will begin at the hands but will spread across the user's body the more shields that are exploded. The burns will leave scarring.  

(Y/N)' POV

"Hey (L/N), any plans today?" I turned back and saw my close friends and my girlfriend. "Actually, I was planning on visiting my mother. It's her birthday today." "Awe that's so sweet!" "We're coming with you! We love your mom!" I smiled. "Thanks, guys, but I was kinda hoping to go alone. Y'know? Spend some daughter-mother time." "I totally get it!" "Since it's just the two of you right?" "Kaminari! Don't be so insensitive!" I gave my friends a soft smile. "It's okay. I'll be going now." Mina came up to me and gave me a tight hug. "I love you (N/N). Be safe! Text me when you get to your mom's place okay?" She pulled back and kissed my lips softly.

I gave her a smile. "Okay! I should be back in a few hours." I held her hand and squeezed it tightly before letting go and going out the front door. I had told my teacher where I would be going. I also gave him the address in case anything were to happen to me, highly doubt it though. As I walked through the sun-kissed streets I stopped at a bakery. "Hi, I would like to purchase this cake here! Could you write "Happy Birthday (M/N)!" The baker smiled and nodded. Grabbing the cake I was pointing at. It was my mother's favorite flavor it was also mine as well.

The baker finished writing my message in red icing and boxed the cake. I paid for it and they handed it to me. I walked out and looked at the sky. It wasn't late at all, thankfully. It was around two when I left. I kept walking and soon came across my old neighborhood. A strong wave of nostalgia hit me, there were many days when my old friends and I would hang out at the neighborhood park nearby. Sadly, it has been around four years since I last saw them. Who knows where they are now.

I was nearing the last street I would have to turn at when a firetruck hurriedly drove past me, almost knocking me down. I looked up at the sky and truth be seen there were huge clouds of smoke. I picked up my pace until I was frantically running to my mother's house. I gasped. My mother's house was on fire. I tried running past the firefighters but they held me back. 

"Let me go!! That's my mother's house! She could be in there!!" I struggled against them but was sadly held back. Pro Heroes arrived at the scene and helped put the fire out. "Oh (L/N), you're alright. We feared the worst." "Mrs.Parloe? Did you see my mom? Did you help her get out? Did she get out?! Where is my mother?!" She looked at me sadly. Her husband placed a hand on my shoulder. "We didn't see her make it out." I refused to believe my mother's burnt corpse was in there. "She had to make it out!" I activated my quirk around my hands, creating spheres around them and pushing the firefighter away along with Mr.Parloe.

"(Y/N)!! Calm down!" "No! Why didn't you save her?! What's the point of being a hero if you cant save civilians?!" Mr.Parloe used his quirk to hold me back. "We saw someone leaving your house after the fire started. They wore a bright red to blue long tailcoat, white pants, and a black ruffled shirt. It was a male. Their hair was a dark red color and they had a mask on." I looked at them angrily. "A villain? What could they have had against my mother?!" My eyes began to water once I saw the paramedics exit the crumbling house with a stretcher with a black body bag on top. 

I couldn't face it, I couldn't look, but they let me go and I ran to them. "Is that my mother..." "Could you please help us identify the victim?" They gestured towards the bag and opened it just a bit. Under the burned skin I could see my mother. I gulped. "Her name is (L/N) (M/N). She is 36 years old. She is divorced and she has one child, that's me." The tears in my eyes were flowing down my cheeks. "I'm (L/N) (Y/N)." "We're so sorry for your loss, she has passed away due to intense heat." I looked at them dumbfounded. "What...?" They looked at me with pity. "She's passed-" "-Don't say it again I heard you! That can't be right!" 

"We will be taking her to Musufato Emergency Hospital. We will wait for you and any family she has there." They rolled her into the ambulance, closed it, and left. I didn't move or scream. I felt a hand on my shoulder. "We're so sorry, (Y/N). Come on. We'll give you a ride." 

"No. I'll go myself, please give me some space."I heard them sigh and walk away. The heroes and firefighters cleared out. I looked at my house. I walked close and sat on the steps. I had lost my mother, the only immediate family I had. I clenched my fists in anger. It was the doing of a villain. I had to get revenge. There's no way I'm letting the dastard get away with this. They had described them to me, and I was going to make sure they would pay. 

"I'm going to get my revenge, no matter what." "No matter what? Are you sure about that girl?" I stood up defensively, it was two members of the League of Villains. Shigaraki and the one names Toga. "She's so cute! Ask her already!" "Be quiet! I didn't bring you with me to gush at her." "What do you two want?! Are you two associated with the one responsible?!" "Not in the slightest. You're after Heat Mask. At least that's what this idiot is calling himself." 

"Why are you telling me this. I can call the authorities right now and capture both of you." "But you won't (N/N)!" Shigaraki shook his head. "Join us." "What?!" "I said join us, we're after him as well. He set fire to one of our hideouts. We're going to kill him." I looked at them worriedly. Could they be serious? Shigaraki put his hands in his pockets and shrugged. "It seems your thirst for revenge is weak and was just all talk. What a shame." "We were looking forward to taking you from the heroes. Your quirk can be deadly!" 

They turned around and started walking away. Toga threw back a card of some sort. "If you change your mind meet us here!" I picked it up and read it. It was an address with a doodle I'm assuming Toga drew. "How do you know I won't turn this into the authorities?!" "Because of your unborn thirst for blood." 

They kept walking until I could no longer see them. I looked behind me. I clenched my fists and sighed. "This is for you, mother. You deserved so much more." I turned away from the house and ran in their direction. I caught up to them as they turned into an alleyway. "I'm in." 

||||||||||||||||||

"It's been one week since the mysterious burning of the (L/N) household, the mother was killed in the fire and the daughter. (L/N) (Y/N) had been missing ever since. If you have seen her please inform the authorities."

"You hear that (V/N)? They're looking for you." "They won't find her. She died on the same day her mother did." I crossed my arms and looked away from the television. "I'm so glad you joined us, we definitely needed another girl in the League! You're super cute too, just like me and Magne!" "We should have a sleepover~!" "(V/N). You're with me tonight, let's move out." I nodded and followed Dabi out the door. We were going to patrol the most recent sighting of Heat Mask. 

I did wonder what I would do after we catch him and we kill him mercilessly. Would I go back to being a student at UA High? Would I stay as a villain? After killing someone can I ever return to being a hero? "(V/N). Pay attention. There are heroes here." I snapped out of my divergent thinking and looked at where Dabi was pointing at. 

Sure enough, there were heroes, worst of all my girlfriend, ex-girlfriend, well I guess we're still dating, was there. Along with Kirishima. "Cold feet because they were your old classmates? Pathetic." "Did I say that? Mind your business, we're here for Heat Mask." He rolled his eyes. "Don't let yourself be seen, they're looking for you." I looked out the alleyway. Kirishima was hugging Mina, she seemed to be crying. I wanted to step out and hug her, but Dabi had his hand on my shoulder, sternly. 

"Let's go." I looked away and walked off with Dabi. I'm sorry Mina.