The incident in a circus

In the hotel...

P. Utential: So, explain yourself for ruining the shirt that I gave you on your last birthday!

G. Bulletproof: Why?! It is mine, not yours!

Raeglen: Hey! Listen to your bro! When we were little, Mom used to read bedtime stories to us too!

GCS. Hypnoboulder: Really? 

Raeglen: I have a better memory than you. Of course, bruh...

G. Bulletproof: Fine...  But promise me not to laugh!

All (Except G. Bulletproof): We promise!

G. Bulletproof: Okay, here we go... *Narrated the incident*

The General's account about the incident...

The sudden thumping music pierced my ears and I was shaken awake of my deep slumber. I never actually wanted to go to the circus, but was forced by my mother to accompany her as her bodyguard. I sighed. My brother got to watch some air show with Dad. It was going to be a boring night at the circus.

Out of the blue, several eagles appeared on stage. That got my attention as I took an interest in animals since young.

"Be prepared to be amazed by our feathered friends capable of true flight." The ringmaster exclaimed. The birds flew away instinctively after a whip crashed on the wall. Their elephantine feathered bodies swirled majestically around the amphitheatre. Their calls reverberated around the amphitheatre. They stretched out their sturdy wings and soared in a show above the audience. Some even landed on the arms of the audience, leading to squeals and screams. Upon seeing those tamed birds of prey, I was thinking about coming to the circus was not quite a bad idea.

However, I spoke too soon.

There it all started. An unexpected crash in the backstage and the shouts of a random animal. That followed by a man's moaning intermittently. Walkie-talkies buzzed and staff of the circus rushed towards the scene promptly. However, instead of the animal being pacified, it grew even more crazed and loud thuds could be heard from the backstage.

The audience clung onto one another as the ringmaster cracked jokes to us to console us, but to no avail. The emotional crowd grew more intense and wails echoed from all around. I could see the worried look on my mother's face. Ha! She must have regretted coming to the circus, other than tagging me along. I felt something was amiss.

Terribly amiss...

Suddenly, the tent flipped open and charged out a colossal creature, larger than any being on earth. The crowd screamed their lungs out and my eyes popped out of my sockets. The terrifying titan flapped its thin ears like battle flags. Its feet thundered to the beat of war drums. The berserk beast came charging at the audience. My heart palpitated in a race and my legs morphed into jelly. Inexplicable fear gripped my heart. I knew I mentioned I love animals, but definitely not that lunatic elephant.

My mother pulled my arm and we bolted helter-shelter as we joined the crowd's haphazard dash to the exit of the circus tent.

As the savage tore up seats and the tent, the animal control team arrived. By then 3/4 of the audience already made it to live a new day. However, a quarter was still sprinting for their lives. Guess what? My mother and I were part of the quarter. The lights from the helicopter shone on the tent and the animal controllers got into their positions. The savage came close to me and I could almost feel its tusk piercing into my shirt. I felt like passing out. I was so anxious. Would I ever live another day? I hung in the limbo between fear and anxiety.

As I felt the savage's tusk touching my shirt, tranquilizer bullets pierced the skin of the elephant. Gradually, I saw it nodding off into a deep slumber. I heaved a sigh of relief. I was out of harm's way by just a hair breath. As I looked back at the torn tent lying on the ground, I smiled. That was what they deserved for buying these exotic animals on the black market. My mother wrapped me in a bear's hug. I looked around and saw Rolland and Dad running towards us, their shirts torn and tattered due to the other animals escaping into the jewel of the desert.

Warm tears welled up in my eyes. I thought I would never be seeing them again. Stepping up, I dodged the other survivors and debris as I made a dash for my family. Suddenly, they were pointing at an area in front of me. I looked on the ground and saw a brown pile of dunk. I closed my eyes and covered my nose. That stench was unbearable. Fortunately for me I was observant. Otherwise I would end up being a dung beetle meal too! Taking a few steps back, my left foot stepped and rolled on a stick, making me tumble forward. Ah shit!

Rising from the dunk, I spotted several tourists and my family pointing and laughing at me. You could literally imagine how embarrassed I was then.

Idiotic left foot! What a disaster!

Back to reality...

FA. Rubberflex: *Guffawed* Hahaha! You should have seen the look on his face when he fell on that pile of shit!! Hahaha! *Showed the others a photograph of the General's face on his phone* *Made them laugh out like hell*

G. Bulletproof: Hey! You promised me! No laughing!

P. Utential: Sorry, Cav! I cannot help it! *Fist bumped FA. Rubberflex* Good one bro!

Raeglen: Now, that is what I call bringing the bedtime stories to another level! Good night guys!

The rest: Good night, newcomer! *Light off*

Next stop- San Antonio