"This is so cute, Lu. Thank you." Michael said sincerely, looking at the boy with pink cheeks.

"I thought you could take it to college next year or something. So you won't get homesick or whatever." Michael laughed and gave him a hug before reaching to the ground and getting his box.

He handed Luke the wrapped gift, "Funny coincidence." The blue eyed boy laughed and took the box and took the wrapping paper off.

"Mike," He pulled out one of the checkered shoes, "Th-Thank you."

"Woah, Mike. Why couldn't you be my secret santa?" Calum asked jokingly.

Ashton scoffed, "Hey!"

Michael scratched the side of his face awkwardly. "If you don't like them you can return them for ones you like."

Luke shook his head, "No, I love them. But, there was a $20 limit."

The older boy just smiled and said, "Merry Christmas."

Luke put the box down and tightly hugged Michael. "Thank you, Mike. I really do love them."

Michael smiled, "I'm glad."

He took the box and put it behind the couch he was sitting on. He decided the second part to Luke's gift would be better shown in private.

After the gift exchange was over, boys turned on a movie and most of them had fallen asleep. Michael got Luke's attention and asked him to come to Calum's bedroom with him.

Confused, Luke went with him and Michael grabbed the shoe box. They sat down on the bed and Michael gave him the box.

"There's a second part to your gift, and I wanted you to see it without the rest by us." Michael explained.

Luke was still confused as he reopened the box. Michael motioned for him to keep going through it so he took the shoes out along with the tissue paper and was surprised to see an envelope.

He looked at Michael, who just had a smile on his pale face. Luke opened it and unfolded the papers that were in it.

It only took two seconds of reading the paper for Luke to start to break down and look at Michael.

"Wh-What? M-Michael—" He started to cry and reread the paper.

Michael jokingly asked, "Do you like—"

"I can't—"

"Yes, you can." Michael interrupted.

Luke shook his head, "No, this is too much, Michael. Way too much."

"You can and you will."

Luke wipes his eyes and shook his head. Michael brought the boy into his arms and gave him a comforting hug. He rubbed Luke's back as the boy started to cry into his shoulder.

He could hear Luke sniffle and mumble into his shirt. "You got me Harry Styles tickets."

More tears came out when Luke said it out loud. He'd never received a gift like that, especially from a friend. Luke felt the hand that was holding the papers shake as his mind processed the last minute.

Michael bought him tickets to see his favorite artist in concert. For a secret santa. That had a $20 spending limit.

Michael pulled him away and gave Luke a small smile when he saw how distraught the younger boy looked. He took the paper from him and replaced it with his own hand.

"Why-Why would you...Why would you d-do that?" Luke coughed and tried to stop crying when he felt Michael squeeze his hand.

Michael didn't really know how to answer him. Why did he spend hundreds of dollars for a little secret santa party?

"I don't know, I just—I really care about you, and I wanted you to have a good Christmas."

Luke let out a laugh/cry at his words. "I'm gonna have the best Christmas for the next five years."

Michael smiled, "I'm glad you like it."

Luke shook his head, "I love it. And I'm going to teach you all of his songs so you're ready when we go."

"I'm going?"

Luke looked at Michael like he was an idiot. "Yes, stupid! I'm not bringing Calum!"

Michael laughed, "I didn't want to make any assumptions!"

Luke giggled and looked at the tickets and the shoes, "Thank you so much, Mike."

The younger boy went to hug him again and Michael was feeling bold. As he came closer, he kissed Luke's cheek and wrapped his arms around his waist.

Luke felt his face get red hot and pulled away from the boy and pressed their lips together in a short kiss. They looked at each other with wide eyes and bright smiles before leaning back in and kissing again.

They had to break apart again because they both couldn't help their smiles, but neither of them cared.

Michael looked into Luke's bright blue eyes and kept his big smile. "Merry Christmas, Lu."

Luke kissed his red lips and wrapped his arms around the boy, "Merry Christmas, Mikey."

— • — • — • —

it's never too late for christmas muke

tell me what you thought of it and maybe ideas for some soulmate au's??