Chapter 11

Flashback continues

It was over a year for Haida to try meeting Mirhan, but he ignored her as if she did a mistake or is his ex-girlfriend. 

As the new semester started, Haida told us about a plan and we decided to apply it today.

As the bell rang for break, we decided to meet at the cafeteria and as we saw Mirhan with his friends, I called Tony and asked him to leave Mirhan alone and he accepted it with a promise that I will be her project-mate. I accepted that and then I signaled Haida to go and she went. Though, we sat opposite to Mirhan, ie, behind him.

" Mirhan. " Haida said.

" Not you again... " Mirhan said and was about to stand up when Haida pushed him to sit back.

" What was that? " Mirhan asked.

"  Now listen to me, Mr. Mirhan. "

I saw Haida sit on the opposite chair to Mirhan.

" I have my own reason otherwise I wouldn't have looked at you the first place. " 

" I don't care. You are disturbing my privacy, now leave. " Mirhan semi-yelled.

" I won't till you listen to me. " Haida spoke.

" Fine. " He gritted his teeth.

" Years back, when I went to my grandfather's bungalow for summer vacation, one particular day, mom and dad were out for shopping, my younger sister was with her friend in neighbor's house. I was with him and he was narrating a story to me when we heard the doorbell ring. Assuming mom, dad would be back so Dada went downstairs but I heard shoutings and yellings, so, I took my secret camera and clicked all the incidents, even when they shot him. " 

I was surprised by the sudden behavior that she told her past to him. I could see Haida crying and she took a breathe and gulped before she continues.

" I want to take revenge and give peace to my Dada's soul. I just have an attendance problem. Ma'am would not accept it directly, please help. "

" She would have accepted it. But..please don't cry. " 

Haida wiped her tears and looked at me.

" Well, I can help, but what will I get in return? " Mirhan asked.

" Do you even need something? You have everything. "

" I don't have you. " I heard Mirhan whisper.

" I don't have that value you are seeking for. "

" Stop speaking rubbish. You are not less than a gem to me. "

" Just speak what you want from me? "

" Just confess in the cafeteria that you are mine and I am already taken. "

" I can never step up for something which would bring me a bad image and gossips on me. "

" Fine then no role from my side. "

" At least I have hope now that Ma'am will agree to that solution directly. "

I saw Haida stood up and I repeated her action.

" And yeah, I shouldn't have wasted my tears for you, because you are not worthy to me. You are a heartless alive man. "

Haida pulled my hand, pulling me to walk with her rather than slapping Mirhan. 

" I hate him. " Haida whispered.

" Well, what now? " I asked.

" I'll talk to Ma'am directly. "

We walked to the Dean's office.

" Ma'am, can we come in? " I asked.

" Yes. " She answered looking at us.

" Another complain? " She asked.

" Yes. " I said.

" No. " Haida replied, eyeing me to shut up.

" Yes or No? " 

" No, there is no complain but I have to submit my application. "

" Give. " 

Haida gave her the envelope. Ma'am read that and signed it immediately.

" I can help you with that but no continuous/consecutive holidays, okay. "

We nodded and left the office happy and ran towards our class corridor.

" Come on, let's party now. " I said and she nodded happily but then changed to frown as we heard a shout from behind.

" Haida! "

to be continued...