Chapter 7

Nisa POV

" Haida... Haida " Jahan was continuously repeating the real name of Hayat while walking in the cabin.

Watching that, I asked,

"Why are you repeating that name like a radio tape? "

"Because I think I have heard this name from someone close to me but its not clicking in my mind at present. "

I passed him a glass of water to drink, which he took, still engrossed in his search.

" You continue Nisa.. What happened then? Where she went? "

Flashback continues (Her narration continues)

It was dark night when doorbell rang. Me and mom were watching our favorite daily soap 'Ask Laftan Anlamaz in hindi version as 'Pyaar Lafzon Mein Kahan'.

Mom reached the door and after watching the person from the camera, she opened the door and I gasped to see Hayat standing in her dirty uniform and tears flowing from her eyes.

I pulled her inside while Mom brought glass of water but she denied.

I pulled her in my room and asked her to change into one of my salwar suit which she did and came out, all fresh and clean.

" What happened Hayat? How come you are here? Where are Izmat and Alhan? " My mother Yafita asked .

" Mom relax.. Let her relax herself. I know something might have happened but let her speak when she is comfortable " 

" No Zainab, its okay. Aunty, I will tell you everything "

Then she narrated everything that happened in the school. Mom was shocked and angry at the same time but it was only me who could see her broken heart, her swelled eyes and empty tear glands.

" Your house was far from my school but still I walked here, knowing that you will definitely help me Aunty " 

" You walked here? Are you mad? You could have taken taxi .. "

" I didn't have money " Hayat answered slowly.

" Ahh! I think I will serve you food , you might be hungry "

" No Aunty..I am not hungry " With that she walked towards my room and I followed her and looked back to see the expression of my mother who eyed me how to handle her.

When I enter the room, I saw her lying on my queen sized bed. I walked and sat next to her. I could sense her crying under the blanket.

" Haida " I whispered and she hugged me and started crying.

" Hey H(Nick name) " I whispered but she didn't even listen to it.

" Tell me Zay(Nick Name) how can a mother do this to a child...forcing her to do what is commanded and never allowing her to dream herself what she desires to become... How can she force me to such an extent .." 

" Hey .. I know what Aunty did was not applicable here but H, you can't loose yourself.. Stop crying now and sleep.. I want you to join my school from Monday as our new session has already been started ..okay.. and now just focus on your aim and don't think.. "

Flashback ends

" With that we slept and with the help of my dad and mom, she got admission in our school. Though she wanted maths as her stream subject but due to excess of students in that class.. she chose commerce with computer as her optional subject.

From the day she entered the school, she was a different girl.. She was not Haida but Hayat. "