CHAPTER ONE (2019)

Kissing Santa Claus

Chapter One

On a cold Monday morning, I opened my eyes to the light of the room and stretched my stiff legs as far as they could go. Next, I muffled a yawn into my pillow as I felt the bed shift as a tattoo-covered arm wrapped itself around me. I smiled, leaning back into his warm embrace with his hot breath on the nape of my neck. I reached around, stroking his thick dark hair as I pictured him stirring from a deep sleep. He sighed, pressing our naked bodies together in an attempt to keep the heat between us alive.

"Good morning beautiful," he said with a gruff voice.

"Good morning, husband."

"What time is it?"

I moved my eyes to the clock on the nightstand. "9:30 AM."

"Shit." He muttered, making the effort to roll out of bed. "I'm late for patrol."

Rolling on my side, taking over his spot on the bed. I watched as his sexy ass walked into the bathroom. The shower turned on in the very instant and I imagined him standing under the hot spray, his muscular body slick with soap. My breath caught as I moaned softly feeling a flick of heat coursing through my veins. I mean, just the scent of him on his pillow made my hips roll and the urge to get good and fucked before the day could begin. I stopped by the grace of willpower and grabbed my robe off the foot of the bed.

With my robe closed, the sash tied at my waist, I slipped out the door into the hall as I made my way downstairs and walked into the kitchen. My first order was business to start the coffee. Followed by making Adam his morning breakfast of sausages and eggs. All and all, the whole process took about twenty minutes with Adam walking into the kitchen just as I placed his plate down on the table in front of him.

"Any plans for today?" He asked, cutting his eggs with a fork.

"Going into town and finishing up my last-minute Christmas shopping."

He nodded. "You still haven't told me what you want for Christmas."

I took a sip and stared at my own reflection for a bit as the words left my mouth. "I think you already know what I want. But we've had this discussion before, so what difference will it make now?"

"Sean," he said quietly, glancing over his shoulder. "We've exhausted every option out there and still nothing works. And as much as I hate to say it. Maybe we're destined to not have kids at all."

That hurt. I admit. But I didn't let him see it and went to the sink to rinse out my mug as I rounded the corner to head upstairs to get dressed. "Make sure to put your dish in the sink when you're done."

In the four years since I've bitten. Adam and I have tried everything to conceive. And every year afterward I insisted that we keep trying. That maybe this time will be different. That maybe one morning I'll wake up and feel something moving within me. But with every natural encounter comes more heartbreak. Maybe Adam's right after all. Maybe we should stop and live out our lives in solitude. I shake my head. Standing naked in our walk-in closet I begin to get dressed when I see Adam leaning against the doorframe.

"I thought you said you were going to be late for patrol?"

"I've asked my father to go in my place. And since it's only a few days before Christmas. I feel like we need to get away for a while, just the two of us. What do you say?"

I considered his words carefully. "Is that possible? I mean, you've been working so hard lately these past few weeks. I was afraid you were going to burn yourself out. Have you told your parents about this?"

"I have and they've agreed to everything. They'll take over starting tonight when you and I leave. So, any place you feel like visiting while we're away?"

"I--I don't know. This is all so sudden. Can I have some time to think about it?"

"Very well. But don't take too long."

Slipping my feet into a pair of black leather boots, I grabbed my wallet off the shelf followed by a red coat as I draped it over my arm and bypassed Adam on my way out into the hall. He followed me down the stairs like a lost puppy eventually squeezing himself between me and the front door as I spied the rack of car keys behind his head. Placing his thumb and index finger beneath my chin, he forced my head up but I didn't look at him. For I was too occupied with everything going on in mind at this very moment.

"I love you," he said with that breathtaking smile.

"I love you, too."

"Now I want you to kiss me."

Kissing him on the cheek instead, I make a move for the keys as he spins me around, trapping me against the door. The growl was intentional. Adam licks his lips, and his eyes are focused solely on my mouth. I dare not move in the slightest due to the fact that his big, giant hands are locked onto my waist. The heat generated from his body seeps through the fabric of my shirt and into my skin, making me gasp for air. But the kiss. The kiss was something I never expected. Especially when it came from an alpha.

It all happened so fast that I barely had time to react. Crushing his lips to mine, it took three seconds for his tongue to find its way into my mouth. My hands reach up and dig into his shoulders as he parts my legs with his knee and lifts me up with ease. I gasp, finally noticing how hard he is from the sharp ridge in his jeans. He presses his lips even harder still which causes him to groan as he begins to thrust into me. From there, my vision goes dark but only for a moment, thanks to the weak spot on my neck.

"Wait, wait, wait." I moaned. "We can't do this now. I have to go into town if I'm going to beat the rush."

"Oh, come on, forget about all that for a minute. Let me love you."

His mouth suckled on my neck for I stars as I struggled to come to terms with the fact that I was about to have a very busy day if I didn't get this show on the road. I push against his chest as hard as I can and stare into his eyes. I order him to put me down and he does so without saying a word. I reach for a set of keys next and open the door as a blast of cold air hits me in the face. Adams steps out onto the front porch, his hands in his pockets as his eyes do a quick sweep of the surrounding forest.

"Don't think I won't try again once you get home," he said with a grin.

"Oh, I know you will. I just hope you'll wear what I picked out for you. After all, I know you're gonna look hot in it."

"That remains to be seen."

"I love you!" I called out as I got into my car, started the engine and drove away.

Author's Note: Merry Christmas Eve, everyone! I hope you all enjoyed the beginning of a new short story. This year, I've decided to try something different. Where you, the reader, will have the opportunity to take control of this story. What would you like to see happen next? Where should they go on vacation? How would you like it to end? Just let your imagination run wild! LOL.