CHAPTER ELEVEN

"You know, you don't have to worry," Damon said as we walked across the concourse. "Just because you're a wolf now, doesn't mean your old life has to stop existing."

"But Duke said that my life was over. That I could never go back to the way it was."

"In a way, yes. But at least you won't have to be alone anymore. You're apart of this family now. Our family."

And somehow I believed him. More than I ever believed anyone before. I listened to his words over and over again, in my head. Even when we were going through security, I must've been in a daze because I didn't even notice that the TSA agent was patiently trying to wave me on through. Next we stopped for a little bite to eat as we waited for our plane. The place was packed with passengers drinking, talking and laughing. Even while watching a sports game that was on a major flat screen above the bar.

We ordered instantly and while we waited for our food, Damon received a text from Duke, asking when we would be arriving so that he could pick us up. As I took a sip from my Coke and looked around, I had a thought: If Damon was right, and my old life wasn't completely ruined, then why couldn't I go on living like I did before?

"Because for one thing, you're brand new. A new wolf wouldn't be able to survive on its own unless it went rogue. But I can see that you're better than that, Aaron. And I know that we haven't known each other for very long. But in such a short time, you've changed my family in a way that I never could. You healed my family, Aaron. I'll always be grateful for that."

He reached across the table and took my hand in his, sending that familiar spark up my arm. It tingled down my spine and I shuddered deeply as Damon grinned. I let go just in time to see our food arrive on a big black tray. Damon got the steak with a baked potato and sour cream. I got an extra large hamburger with french fries drenched in melted cheese. When I finished, I was still hungry, but my dinner managed to take the edge off, at least for a little while.

"Good evening passengers. This is the pre-boarding announcement for flight 83C to Savannah Georgia. At this time we are now inviting those with small children, and any other passengers that may require special assistance, to begin boarding at this time. Please have your boarding pass and identification ready. Regular boarding will begin in approximately ten minutes. Thank you."

"Time to go," I said.

"I'll get the check."

* * * *

A couple of hours later we arrived in Savannah right in the middle of a great big snow storm. The pilots were tempted to fly us over to another airport a few towns over. But I, for one, really needed to get off this plane. Being a newly turned werewolf, I could hear everything. Literally, everything. I could hear the gentleman way in the back two rows over, eating on a package of peanuts. The woman in first class giving the flight attendant her drink order. The young mother with a crying newborn in her arms. And the newly wed couple attempting to have sex in the airplane lavatory.

All these sounds were getting to me until I was just about ready to burst. The plane stopped and the door unlatched as everyone got up from their seats and grabbed their carry-on luggage from the overhead bin. When it was our turn to step into the aisle, I grabbed both of our bags and handed them to Damon who kept one hand on my waist until we safely exited the plane and walked onto the concourse. From there, we followed the signs to the main entrance where Duke was waiting for us along with Jack and Liam.

"Hey guys, welcome home," Duke said as he kissed me and hugged Damon. "Did you enjoy the wedding?"

"Yeah," I admitted. "It was lovely ceremony."

"But?"

"But, nothing. I'm just really tired and I've had a long day."

The the three sons led the way out into the snow-infested night as Duke carried me over his shoulder and climbed into the back of the SUV with me. Jack took the drive seat, Liam and Damon took the back seats in front of us and I was stuck in the third row with Duke who forced me to sit on his lap as he tried to make out with me. I politely protested but after a few minutes I gave in and played along.

"Merry Christmas Eve," he said, stroking my cheek, my head on his shoulder.

"Is it really Christmas Eve, already? Wow."

"Hey, Dad!" Liam said. "What are we doing for Christmas this year?"

That's when Duke's eyes turned yellow. "Oh, I think we can come up with a few new ideas to help ring in Santa's arrival."

"Sounds kinda kinky," I said.

"Ho, ho, ho," Duke replied, putting on a Santa hat. "Merry Christmas."

Author's Note: Hi Guys! I hope you all have been enjoying this short story! As for this chapter I had no idea where to go with it. So if you like it, yay! If not, I'm sorry! :D