CHAPTER SIX

You know that old saying "Into the lion's den?" Well instead of a lion, there were wolves disguised as humans who lived as a family and worked at an auto repair shop in the middle of nowhere. There was Duke, the father, who lost his wife about ten years ago. Once a broken man, his faith in love might actually have been restored on this one night of the year. Then there was Damon, the eldest brother, with a devil-may-care attitude and a side of bad boy running through his veins. At least that's what I thought.

Jack was the middle child, his character resembled that of the Joker. Always talking and laughing with the best of them. And finally there was Liam. Sweet, innocent Liam. His heart was surely made out of gold since the day he was born. Always a very quiet person, he hardly says more than a few words unless he's around his brothers. Which is all the time. But I think his mother dotted on him the most because he was shy. Even now as I look at him from across the way, he avoids my gaze with a blush to his cheeks.

I return to the present slowly, their thoughts easy to read. I don't even think they noticed I was snooping around, trying to learn more about them. As Jack turned on the stereo and changed a song or two, Liam returned with a set of heavy duty chains in his hands. Damon helped me up and took me over to the first automated lift as he lowered it a bit and began wrapping my wrists in chains. Soon I was suspended in midair, dangling a feet off the ground. I had a feeling that in a matter of minutes, this was going to feel unpleasant.

"You look like a piece of raw meat hanging in a butcher's shop," Damon said.

"And let me guess, you're the butcher."

He stepped forward, grabbing my chin. "I'm more than just some butcher. I'm going to enjoy fucking the shit out of you and watching you squirm. You're gonna take what I got and you're gonna like it. Do you understand?"

"Oh, look at me, I'm shaking."

Damon smirked. "Just wait. You think you're shaking now. But when my brothers and I are done with you, you won't be able to sit down for a week."

"Bring it on."

I found out later just how quickly I would eat those words. But for now, I had a bigger problem to deal with. Damon stripped out of his dirty coveralls as he kicked off his boots and kneeled down in front of me. With his arms outstretched, I watched as his body twisted and popped, his bones breaking and mending as he transformed into a creature with black fur, pointed ears, razor sharp teeth and a long face. This surely wasn't a wolf I was familiar with but more like he stepped out of a scary children's story.

His eyes burned bright yellow. His fur was black like oil but as soft as a pillow. And he walked and stood on his hind legs as he walked up to me. I admit I was nervous but I wasn't scared that he would kill me. He reached down and grabbed my ass, wrapping my legs around him as his tongue snaked out and licked over my body. His breath was hot as it brushed across my chest while his fangs gleamed from the light of the room. But this thing that was Damon told me that we were connected telepathically.

So I had to wonder.

Damon? Can you hear me?

Loud and clear. God, you got a nice ass!

Thanks. So this is a new look for you. At least for me it is. But when I first Changed, I looked nothing like this.

That's because you're different then the rest of us. Whereas, my brothers and my father have two forms. The first, is the Change, which is what you turned into. The second, is our most dominant form. In this form we can initiate sex with someone known as a Breeder. That's you.

What is that? I don't understand.

A male wolf whose sole purpose is to conceive pups.

Whoa! Wait a minute. You mean, actually get me pregnant? I don't think so. Besides, that's just impossible.

Is it? You survived the first Change and turned into a wolf. And now you're telling me that's it's impossible to conceive pups? Where do we draw the line?

Right before the pregnancy thing.

A laughter sounded behind me, most likely Jack as he too had changed into the same creature as Damon. That's just great. Now there were two of them. But where was Liam? My answer came calling as I looked over my shoulder and saw Liam slip out the back door, without saying a word. He didn't even look at me. Damon noticed this too as he told me not to worry about it. But I couldn't help it. I felt bad for the poor guy. Even if he was shy when it came to sex, I think I would like to help encourage him a little.

He'll be fine, Damon said as he entered my thoughts again.

Hope he's not upset about anything.

Not at all, Jack replied, running his paws down the length of my back. He's just a little nervous when it comes to intimacy.

And you two think that this a form of intimacy?

Abso-fucking-lutely, Damon replied. Trust us when you're in heat a few months from now, you'll take it anyway you can get it.

Yes, yes, yes. Now, come on. I'm horny and ready to go, Jack replied.

Both boys were raring to go. But I had just one final thing to say. Wait a minute! Wait a minute! You guys aren't going to try and get me pregnant tonight, are you?

No. You're fine, Damon said. You're not in heat yet. But it does make for a good practice run.

An hour or so later, after their so-called practice run, Damon and Jack returned to their original form as they picked up their clothes and went back inside the main warehouse to take a shower. Animals for sure. Can't say I didn't enjoy it though. And it was hot too. If Goldilocks had been around to see this, our little scene would've definitely given her a run for her money. I mean, she had three bears and I got four wolves. So which character did it best when it came down to the storybook ending?

. . .Me! That's who. . .