XXIII

i opened my eyes, my eyes adjusted to the bright lights and white walls.

what happened?

"namjoon? w-what are you doing here?" mina's voice beamed from behind me.

"i-i don't know. what happened? where am i?"

"n-no...y-you can't be...."

"i can't be what?"

she grabbed onto my arm and pulled me, her hand wasn't cold, it was warm. she felt human. what the hell was going on?

she dragged me to a room, i could hear people talking loudly, and crying.

mina froze as she looked into the room, looking back at me. i looked into the room, there was my body, doctors surrounding me.

jungkook was sitting in a chair, "don't leave me hyung! noona left me, you can't leave me too!" he cried over and over.

"n-no! i-i can't be dead! how did this-"

"the crash namjoon...the crash did this...."

"b-but-"

"you can still go back namjoon...you can still wake up."

"but how?"

"your body is on the verge of shutting down, all you have to do is wake yourself up."

i sighed, walking over to my own body.

"wait namjoon, before you leave."

i turned to her, she walked over to me and grabbed the back of my neck, planting her lips on mine. her soft, beautiful lips i thought i'd never kiss again.

i held onto her tight as she deepened the kiss, "i love you." she whispered.

i smiled, "i love you too. i love you so much."

she smiled at me weakly and stepped away from me. i took a deep breath and rested my hand on my chest. a sudden vibration traveled through my body.

~~~~~

i opened my eyes, gasping deeply.

"we got him!" a doctor said.

jungkook ran up to me and hugged onto my body, sobbing.

"h-h-hyung," he choked out. "i-i tho-thought i lost you."

i rubbed my hand on his back, "i'm here...i'm here."

i looked at the doorway, i saw mina smiling, and she walked away slowly.

"t-the truck..the truck came out of nowhere."

"yes, we though you were a goner, mr. kim. you have a broken arm, some head injuries, but you are fine now that you're awake. it's almost a miracle."

he was damn right it was a miracle.

"h-how are you feeling hyung? are you okay?" jungkook asked.

i smiled, "i'm okay now jungkook."

"we'll be back with your medications mr. kim." the doctor said.

i looked at jungkook, "why don't you get some rest kook?"

"a-are you sure?"

"yes. i know you're tired out by now."

he sighed and he sat back in the chair he was in. closing his eyes and dozing off immediately.

i laid my head back on the pillow, sighing deeply.

~~~~~

the next day, i was ready and treated. the doctors had put my arm in a cast, bandaging any cuts on my body.

"ah, mr. kim, i knew i'd find you here."

"detective song, it's so nice to finally speak to you." i said as i slowly stood up from my bed to shake his hand.

"oh no, don't be too formal. please, sit, i wouldn't want you up after everything you've been through."

i nodded and sat back down.

"i have some news for you boys." he said.

"what is it?" jungkook asked.

"the person that was involved in the crash with mina, we got him."

it almost felt like time had stopped.

"a-are you serious?" i asked.

"well, technically, we didn't catch him. he confessed."

"he what?" i asked surprised.

"yes. poor guy was so distressed when he came into the station. looked like he hadn't slept in days."

"s-so then what now?"

"well we take him to court, and we have to see how long he's going to stay in jail and we have to hear his side of the story."

i sighed, now it's finally time to meet this son of a bitch.

•••

[sorry for any grammatical errors]