XII

"h-holy fuck!" i said to myself.

that car...that guy. i saw everything at her funeral.

it's making sense to me.

but why did i forget? why couldn't i figure it out sooner?

i looked at the time. 5:38. jungkook should be getting up by now.

i waited until i heard his door open.

i jumped up from my bed and bolted out the door, "jungkook! jungkook!"

he jumped at my sudden appearance, "yes?"

"the car! i know where i've seen that car. i saw it at mina's funeral. remember the guy i thought was suspicious?"

jungkook nodded his head, "but we still don't know who drives the car hyung."

i huffed, "give that detective a call," jungkook rolled his eyes. "in the mean time, i will be out, thinking of lyrics and looking for a red car." i smiled.

"oh at 5 in the morning?" he crossed his arms.

i chuckled, "you wouldn't believe how many cafes are open at 5 in the morning my maknae."

i grabbed my keys and headed out the door.

once i got into my car, i began to drive. i didn't know where i was going, especially at 5 in the morning.

---

i watched him drive. he looked so calm driving, yet i could tell millions of things were running through his head.

he's closer to figuring everything out.

it's so simple to tell him, because i know who crashed into me that night.

but he's smart, he'll figure it out soon enough.

hmm, maybe we should lead him to the storage soon?

---

a gust of wind suddenly creeped up my right arm. i saw mina sitting in the passenger's seat.

i froze for a second then calmed myself, at this point i should be used to her popping up out of nowhere.

"namjoon don't ignore me." she smiled.

i furrowed my eyebrows, "i'm not ignoring you."

"uh huh, anyways, i have been observing things and, i see you're struggling to come up with a song."

"i always struggle to come up with songs."

"not with the brain you have. what's holding you back this time?" she smirked.

i rolled my eyes, she knew damn well she was the one holding me back.

"i see death hasn't changed you..."

"nothing could change me namjoon." she smiled.

i sighed, "well yes i have been struggling with a song. i have some lyrics in mind, but i don't have a beat or tune in mind."

"hm, i think i may have a tune in mind."

"really? well let me hear it."

she began to whistle. that tune. the same tune i've been hearing for weeks!

"t-that tune...that's been caused by you! i should've known..."

she laughed, "did it really bother you that much?"

"well yeah when i hear it 24/7 it starts to get annoying."

"well it's not the first time you've heard me whistle that tune."

"w-what?"

"yeah. you don't remember? i made that tune especially for you. i'm surprised you don't remember, i used to whistle that all the time."

i rubbed my lips together, "i don't know. it's weird, i haven't been able to remember anything lately..."

she pursed her lips.

"mina why can't you just tell me?" i asked.

"tell you what?"

"tell me who crashed with you...you obviously know..."

she sighed, "i need you to figure it out by yourself."

"it'd be easier if you told me..."

"no it wouldn't. because then, that would be the only thing you would care about. you're an idol namjoon, you have a song to come up and many more to compose, the last thing you need to worry about is who was involved in that crash."

i sighed. she was right.

my phone began to vibrate in my pocket, it was jungkook calling.

"jk?"

"hyung, i just got off the phone with the detective."

i turned my head to the right, she was gone.

"talk to me."

"well, i told him about the car you've seen. and how you've seen the car before and how you think it could be the car that crashed with her."

"okay, and what did he say?"

"he said that he'll be on the look out, and that he'll get whatever was in her car to us as soon as possible."

i sighed, "okay, thanks. i'll meet you at the studio later. i think have some lyrics in mind."

he chuckled, "okay hyung. later."

hm, and ash is a thing that someday we all should be. what could come after that?

when...the next day comes-ugh no.

when tomorrow comes.....how different it's gonna be.

i smiled,

life is a word that sometimes you cannot say, and ash is a thing that someday we all should be. when tomorrow comes, how different it's gonna be.

that sounds so perfect.

these were lyrics were just coming to me fast now.

but why can't my memories do the same?

•••

my gosh i don't even know where i'm going with this story anymore lol
[sorry for any grammatical errors]