XIV

a few weeks had passed.

the detective eventually came and gave us some of mina's things he retrieved.

i spoke to my manager about my song, he was satisfied with the small amount of lyrics i handed in, which was surprising.

jungkook has seemed a lot happier, maybe it's because mina has been more communicative with him.

speaking of mina, she's been around more and more as the days pass by. at this point, it's normal to see her walking around the house, weird right?

but me, i don't think i've been progressing. every red car i see turns my head, but it's never the car i'm looking for.

today was a day off for both of us. i got up in the morning, rubbing my eyes as they adjusted to bright light outside.

i walked out of my room and went to jungkook's room. i peered into his room, he was still sleeping.

i saw a jacket of mina's that he was hugging. i smiled and walked away from his door, letting him sleep.

i went into my "computer room." it was just a room where i composed my music.

after these weeks, i haven't come up with anything more than what i already had. it was becoming more of a struggle for me.

"you know, you can always ask me for help."

i chuckled as i heard her voice next to me, "no, it'd be too much of a hassle to you."

"a hassle? you're kidding right? i'm dead namjoon, i literally have nothing to do these days."

"yeah don't remind me." i smiled.

she smiled back, "i have lyrics namjoon. i just can't remember them..."

i smiled, "it's okay mina."

"yes it is. because i had them written down. and i know exactly where those papers are."

"well? where are they?"

"in a storage room. where jungkook put the rest of my things."

"hm, okay. i'll ask him when he wakes up."

"he's up now."

i furrowed my eyebrows. she tilted her head towards the door. i got up and went to jungkook's room, he was laying in bed on his phone.

"morning kook."

"good morning hyung," he said groggily.

"um, when you've eaten and stuff, i need a favor from you."

he rubbed his eyes, "what's the favor?"

"i need you to take me to the storage room. the room where you put all of mina's stuff."

he furrowed his eyebrows, "how do you know about that?"

"because mina told me. she said she had lyrics that she wrote down for me, and they're in the storage room. so please, take me there."

he nodded his head and stretched out his arms.

i went back into my computer room, mina was gone again.

(time skip)

"okay, this is the room." jungkook said as he unlocked the storage door with a key.

he grabbed the handle at the bottom and pulled the door upwards.

i recognized some of her things, along with jungkook's things from when they lived together.

"these boxes were stuff that was in her room." jungkook pushed boxes towards me.

i exhaled deeply as i opened one and began to rummage through.

soon enough, i came across a small stack of papers. i skimmed through the words, these seemed like lyrics.

"i think i found them kook." i said.

he walked over and looked at the papers in my hands.

"'when you say that you love me, i walk above the clouds.' then there's, 'follow the sound of the pipe, follow this song it may be a little dangerous, but i'm very sweet,'" jungkook said. "these are so good."

"i think i like these ones," i said. "'wake up in tokyo feel like a torso, i know it's time to go. i see pinocchio wearing a poncho, that's me some time ago,'" i smiled. "these lyrics are so perfect. i wonder why she never really showed these to me."

"because i wrote these before i died." me and jungkook both turned to her, sitting on a stool.

"h-hey noona." she smiled at jungkook.

"i think the lyrics you just read go perfect with the new song." she said. "really?" i asked, and she nodded her head.

i smiled, "okay."

me and jungkook put everything back to where it was and we went back to the house.

when we got back, i went straight to my computer room and began to put lyrics together, with mina sitting beside me.

•••

[sorry for any grammatical errors]