XV

as days passed, i had everything in mind for my song, i was just having trouble finishing the song.

i used mina's tune for the song, it sounded perfect. i had a feeling fans were gonna like this song.

i sighed as cracked my knuckles, i feel like i've been typing for years.

an idea suddenly popped into my head, it was almost like an epiphany.

"mina...you here?" i asked.

she laughed, "you summoned me?"

"i was thinking....could you record something for me?"

"what? what do you mean?"

"like can i record your voice, for the song?"

"i-i don't know namjoon. i don't know if that'll work." she sighed.

"will you try?"

she pursed her lips, "fine. i don't want this going on ghost adventures or some shit."

i chuckled, "it won't i promise."

she walked into the recording room, grabbing the headphones sitting on a stool, "see! if you can grab headphones you can record."

she rolled her eyes. she put the headphones on and stood in front of the microphone.

"okay, what am i gonna do?" she asked.

"i need you to be backup vocals for the chorus. and i want your whistling to be played at the end of the song."

"namjoon, i cannot sing."

"mina shut up. i've known you for years, if jungkook can sing so can you."

she sighed, "fine."

i counted down on my fingers, pressing the record button, the song began to play and she stood there waiting for the chorus.

when the chorus started to play, she began to sing. her voice was so beautiful, and i watched in awe.

when the song came to an end, she started to whistle the tune that used to annoy me, and practically taunt me. now it sounded like heaven, knowing that it came from her.

when she was done recording, she stepped out the room, "do you think it worked?" she asked.

"it has to have worked."

i played the recording, and sure enough, it did work. she smiled as she was satisfied with her work. she chuckled, "is that all you need mr. kim?" she mocked.

i laughed, "yes, thank you mina."

she placed her hand on my shoulder, it sent a cold shiver down my spine.

"namjoon, i have a question..."

"what is it?"

"do you think about....that night?"

"what do you mean?"

"like, when i left your house?"

oh. "o-of course....all the time..."

she smiled, "okay."

but i somewhat lied. every time i thought about when she left my house, minutes before she got into the crash, it only made me sad, and it made me miss her way more.

that night felt unreal, despite the crash.

i wish i could go back to that night, she should've just stayed with me, or else this never would've happened.

•••

oops kind of a short chapter lol
and i'm sorry if this all seems kind of weird, hopefully it'll get interesting idk.
like i said i don't even know where i'm going with this story anymore lol
[sorry for any grammatical errors]