V

ugh goddammit!

that fucking whistling!

it's been driving me insane for the past few days. everywhere i go, i always hear the whistling.

jungkook says that he has been hearing some things. but not whistling.

the whistling is like a tune, it sounds perfect for a song, not gonna lie. but i just don't know what it is or where it's coming from.

i felt like i've heard the tune before, but i don't know where.

i sat in my shared apartment with jungkook. he was at the studio recording music while i just stayed home. that whistling has been driving me so insane that i feel like i can't function anymore.

i sighed, she has been in my mind all day.

in fact she's been in my mind everyday.

ever since her death, she hasn't left my mind at all. sometimes, i haven't thought about her, but that's because i was always too busy.

but now, she's all i can think about. my memories with her, everything with her.

namjoon!

"yeah?" i said unintentionally.

namjoon can you hear me?

what the fuck?

i sat up from the couch, looking around.

namjoon!

stop....please stop...

namjoon! can you hear me?

i placed my palms on the side of my head, stop it please....

it sounded like her....

namjoon!

the screams kept getting louder.

namjoon!

the scream pierced my ears. i shut my eyes in pain, this was scaring the shit out of me.

namjoon!

stop it goddammit!

namjoon!

"i said fucking stop!" i yelled.

i opened my eyes and looked up, i froze as i saw mina standing in front of me.

i stood up from the couch, panicking. my heart was racing as i looked into her eyes.

i fell backwards and hit my head on the wall. i grabbed my head in pain, shutting my eyes.

i opened my eyes again.

she was gone.

my chest heaved up and down fast as i tried to catch my breath. what the fuck just happened?!

i looked around, just to see her. but she wasn't here anymore. i broke down slowly, hugging my knees to my chest.

i saw her. i saw her.

i couldn't wrap my head around what happened. the door opened, revealing jungkook.

"hyung i-hyung? hyung! what happened? why are you crying?" he got on his knees in front of me.

"j-jungkook..." i sobbed.

"i-i'm here hyung. i'm here..." he wrapped his arms around my body. my fingers wrapped around the sleeves on his arms.

"j-jungkook....i-i-i saw her...."

"what? saw who?"

"i-i saw m....mina! i saw mina jungkook!" i cried. he pulled away from me, furrowing his eyebrows at me, "y-you what?"

i cried, "s-she was standing r-right in front of me! s-she was there! right there!" i pointed to the corner of the room where i saw her.

"n-namjoon....she isn't there..."

"not anymore! but she was there! i saw her jungkook...you gotta believe me..."

his lips quivered, he bit his lip, holding back the tears that were bound to fall from his eyes.

"hyung....m-mina is-is.."

"i know! i know she is...but jungkook, i swear to god, i saw her...i put this on everything, she was standing right in front of my face.."

he sighed heavily. i sucked in my lips, "y-you...you don't believe me...?"

"i-i....i believe you...b-but this is crazy okay?"

i nodded my head, understanding what he was saying. this is crazy.

my heart clenched at the thought of seeing her face, she looked perfect, human. the look in her eyes, it almost didn't even look like her, the sparkle she always had in her eyes wasn't there.

i'm sorry for scaring you.

my eyes widened as i heard her voice again. i looked at jungkook, he had no reaction. am i the only that could hear her?

i miss you.

her voice almost sounded like an echo. get out of my head. you can't be real.

but i am namjoon. i miss you a lot.

i exhaled heavily. "i'm gonna make us some food." jungkook said. he stood up from his knees and went to the kitchen.

i didn't bother to move from my spot, i just kept hugging my knees. accepting the fact that whatever i saw and whatever i've been hearing was real.

i rubbed my temples trying to wake up from this dream. but it wasn't a dream nor a nightmare.

god what the fuck do i do now?

•••

kinda short chapter idk
[sorry for any grammatical errors]