XI

i opened my eyes, the bright lights and white walls blinded me. where was i?

i looked around, it looked like a hospital.

i looked down at myself, i was in my regular clothes, but how did i get here? what happened?

i searched around, hoping to see someone.

i spotted a nurse as i was walking, "oh, excuse me-"

but she just walked past me, not even encouraging the fact that i was there.

i scoffed, how rude.

"sweetie? you look lost..." a woman approached me.

"oh..i actually don't know how i got here...."

she smiled, "come, i just went past a room that you might've came from."

i furrowed my eyebrows, confused about what she was talking about.

i turned into the room, there was namjoon and jungkook sitting beside a bed.

a body laid on the bed, the blanket covering the body's face. i turned to where the woman was standing, she simply just looked at the boys.

"namjoon? jungkook?" i asked.

they didn't hear me.

why were they crying? it pained me to see them cry so much, and that hard.

"what is going on?" i asked myself. "why can't they hear me?" i asked the woman.

"honey, do you know what happened to you?"

my lips parted as i tried to remember.

i was in my car.

i was driving.

then another car appeared....

and that car hit me.

then namjoon and jungkook were talking to me a lot.

and i was in so much pain.

then....a needle....and i couldn't remember anything after...

i hesitated to look at the body under the blanket. but i pulled back the cloth, only to see me. myself.

if i'm here, and my body is there then....

no.

no.

"a-a-am i dead?" i asked the woman. she frowned as she looked at me.

i started to panic as i continued to hear jungkook and namjoon's sobs.

"n-no! i can't be dead!" i yelled.

i ran up to namjoon and jungkook, "namjoon! jungkook! can you hear me?"

they looked up, but only to look at the doctor that had stepped into the room.

"have you guys said your final goodbyes?"

they both nodded, why did they fucking nod? i'm right here please!

they body stood up from their chairs and began to leave the room, "n-no! namjoon!"

i reached to grab his arm, but my hand went right through his arm. i gasped.

"j-jungkook!" but my hand just went through his.

"no!" i yelled.

i tried to grab their bodies, but nothing worked. they couldn't hear me, they couldn't see me.

i died. i'm dead.

"no! please! i'm right here namjoon! jungkook please!"

i sobbed as i watched them walk off, finding myself useless in this situation, "no!" i screamed.

the woman that stood with me, wrapped her arms around me. who was she anyways?

"who are you? why are you helping me?" i asked.

she smiled, "because i'm just like you. i've passed."

"b-but how...?"

"by giving birth. my child...she will not have a mother anymore..." she exhaled deeply.

"come. i will help you."

"h-how?"

"i've been dead longer than you have. you're the only one here who hasn't found their way yet."

•••

short and sad chapter sorryyyy
[sorry for any grammatical errors]