Chapter 25

Harry woke up in a cold sweat, whispers of his dream still trailing through his mind. He shuddered at the mere memory of the nightmare. They were less frequent, yes, but he had lied to Draco about the other part. The nightmares were so much worse now, and they did haunt him.

Harry sat up. There was no point trying to sleep now - he was too awake. He sighed irritatedly and slid off the bed onto his feet. He seized the cloak and map, tucked his wand into the waistband of his pajamas, and left the dorm. Any noise he might have made was covered up by the sound of three snoring boys.

Once out into the draft corridors, Harry activated the map, wondering where he should go. Almost immediately, he saw a familiar name and smiled, changing the direction of his feet onto a new course.

He slipped into the old classroom, and Draco looked up at the sudden movement of the door. The blond grinned at the space to the right of him. "Hi, Harry! What are you doing up so late?"

When Harry pulled off the cloak, Draco rolled his eyes and adjusted his gaze. "I could ask the same of you," Harry pointed out. "I couldn't sleep, and I saw you on the map, so I decided to come here." He didn't say why he couldn't sleep, but Draco had always been smart.

"Nightmares?" Draco asked him. Harry nodded. "Well," Draco adopted a thoughtful expression. "I could always share your bed if that'll help," Draco smirked and fluttered his eyelashes flirtatiously, causing Harry to have a coughing fit.

Once he reemerged, Draco was already back to the book in front of him. "Is that the same book?" Harry asked, referencing the one he had seen in the woods. "No," Draco answered, flipping a page. "That one is still in the forest. This is the one McGonagall told me to look at."

Harry sat on the ground beside him. "Is it helping any?" Draco looked frustrated. "No. It tells me I need to clear my mind, which I've no trouble with, but then it says I must practice imagining something with enough detail to be accurate but not so much that I lose sight of the whole picture."

Harry deliberated on that for a minute. "How about you do me?" He asked.

Draco smirked, and Harry winced and blushed at his wording. "I didn't mean it like that. I intended to say that you should try visualizing me since I'm right here. You can look at my face or something, then try to recreate it in your mind, and you can see whether you were right or not."

"That's pretty smart," Draco said. "Alright, come closer, scarhead." Harry grimaced and scooted until he was right in front of Draco. The blond examined his face carefully, scrutinizing every feature. Harry shifted uncomfortably.

Draco reached up to cup his cheeks, holding his head still. "Stop fidgeting," he chided gently. "It makes it harder to ogle your beautiful face."

Harry flushed and opened his mouth to deny any sort of attractiveness, but Draco kissed him before he could get a word out. "Talking counts as moving," he murmured against his lips. "If you're going to be difficult, then I'll have to resort to thinking about something else."

Draco pulled back and, seeing Harry's still but mutinous face, grinned triumphantly. After another moment, he shut his eyes.

Harry waited patiently, perfectly content to take the chance to let his eyes roam over Draco's gorgeous face.

Suddenly, Draco exclaimed, "I've done it!" He opened his eyes and smiled smugly. "An exact replica," he noted with satisfaction. He leaned forward and kissed Harry once more, a short peck, before excitedly turning back to his book. He flipped to the next page and got lost in the words almost instantaneously.

Harry leaned back and watched him, a small smile on his lips.

——————————————————