Chapter 8

"Harry," a voice whispered. It was dark. Harry turned about, trying to see where the voice was coming from, but he couldn't see a thing. "Harry," it whispered again, more insistently. The voice was familiar. Harry kept looking around in vain. "Potter," it said this time, and now Harry recognized it.

"Malfoy?" He called. There was no answer. "Malfoy?" He tried again. He twisted around one more time, but now he could see a figure walking towards him. It grew closer and closer, until Harry saw the platinum blonde hair and familiar gray gaze. "Harry," said Malfoy in a smooth, silky voice. Why was Malfoy calling him by his first name? That wasn't normal. "Malfoy? What's wrong?" He asked. Malfoy sighed.

"Everything, Harry. Nothing is right when you're not with me." Harry's heart skipped a beat. Did Malfoy like him? He couldn't believe it. "What do you mean, Malfoy? Do you-" He was cut off by Malfoy, who impatiently said, "You know exactly what I mean, Harry."

Harry's head was spinning. This couldn't be real, could it? He felt a warm hand touch his face, and suddenly everything stopped spinning. Malfoy was looking deeply into his eyes. "Harry," he said plainly. The hand moved to cup his cheek and Harry sighed in contentment. This is what he wanted. This felt right. He closed his eyes in bliss. Suddenly, a pair of soft, warm lips caressed his own, and blazing heat shot through him. Forget what he had said a moment ago, because now everything felt right with the world. Harry was floating, exhilarated. Because he was kissing Malfoy. And he loved it.

Then, Malfoy's tongue was gliding across his lips, and Harry gasped, allowing Malfoy to claim his mouth. Fire engulfed his every nerve, and the kiss became a million times more intense. "Harry," Malfoy whispered into his mouth, and Harry shuddered in response. Malfoy's hand was trailing down his chest, the other reaching up to tangle itself in Harry's hair. He tugged it gently, and Harry moaned into the kiss. "Harry," Malfoy whispered again. "Harry. Harry. Har-"

"HARRY!"

Harry fell off the bed. "Oi!" He said in indignation. He sat up, looking around to see who had woken him. Ron was standing next to the bed, giving him a very odd look. "What was that for?" He asked Ron, rubbing his hip where he had landed.

Ron shook his head. "You weren't waking up, mate. If you want to get to breakfast, you'd better hurry up." Harry stood, walking through the empty dorm over to the bathroom and mumbling curses all the while. Ron followed him. Harry put a dollop of toothpaste onto his toothbrush and began brushing his teeth, Ron leaning against the doorframe beside him. "So," he started, "What were you dreaming about?" He asked, adopting an innocent tone. "Nu'ing" Harry mumbled around his brush, trying not to blush. Ron gave him another funny look. "Are you sure, mate? Because it sounded an awful lot like you were dreaming about Malfoy."

Harry nearly choked on his toothpaste. He spat it out into the sink and then turned to face Ron. "What makes you think that?" He asked, attempting to be casual. Ron appeared to be holding back laughter. "Oh you know. Just a hunch. Though you saying his name a million times may have helped a bit."

This time Harry really did choke. After a long coughing fit with Ron thumping him on the back, trying to hold back snickers and miserably failing, he finally surfaced, spluttering. Ron was full out laughing now.

"I'm terribly glad you find all this so amusing, but I nearly died just now! Not to mention I dreamt about Malfoy! I. Had. A. Dream. About. Malfoy. This is a crisis!" Harry hissed at him.

Ron straightened up, still chuckling. "Mate, you've nearly died so many times that the novelty of it has worn off. Besides, it rather sounded like you were enjoying that dream." Ron was far too amused about this for his own good. In fact, if he kept it up, Harry just might strangle him.