Chapter 4

Draco was staring again. He looked away, scowling, as he realized that he had been watching the Golden Boy again. But like metal to a magnet, his gaze was drawn back to Potter once more. He was just so bloody hot. Draco drank in Potter's looks, letting his gaze wander over the boy appreciatively before he snapped his gaze away once more, scowling again.

"Draco, darling. Stop staring at Potter so much. The usual amount of staring is okay, but now you're making him nervous."

Pansy's voice drew his attention away from where it had once again wandered to Potter. He looked back and saw that Potter was indeed looking at him with an uncomfortable expression. Draco looked away.

"I'm not staring, Pans. I never stare at Potter."

Both Pansy and Blaise, who were the only people within hearing distance of him, snorted. Blaise leaned forward, resting his chin on his hand.

"Draco, you've been staring at Potter since our very first meal in the Great Hall. And he stares right back. You've been eye-fucking each other almost since you met. And don't get me started on 6th year."

Draco whipped his head around to glare at Blaise. "We most certainly not have been eye-fucking since we met! We've never eye-fucked! Not once! Our staring is completely limited to hatred and mutual dislike. And what on earth do you mean about 6th year?" he hissed, careful to make sure he wasn't too loud.

Blaise expertly avoided his question. "So you admit that you stare at each other."

Draco just banged his head on the table in defeat. It was rather un-Malfoyish, but desperate times call for desperate measures. He gave Pansy a pleading look, turning his head sideways so his forehead was still resting on the table. Pansy just gave him a look that clearly said she was on Blaise's side. Draco groaned.

"I hate Potter," he stated.

"Sure you do darling. Blaise, will you pass the turkey?" Pansy ignored him. She was used to this sort of behavior.

Draco raised his head up, eyes immediately drawn to Potter, who was watching him. Again. Draco almost blushed and looked away, but he didn't want to look like a schoolgirl with a crush. So, he just stared right back and raised an eyebrow. Potter smirked at him. Smirked! The bloody nerve! Potter never smirked. It was kind of hot.

Draco wanted to bang his head on the table again, but he refrained. He didn't want to suffer any more brain damage than he already had. He had to have a serious brain injury if he was thinking these kinds of thoughts. He should probably get it checked out.

———————————————————————

"He's staring again," Harry hissed to Hermione. She continued spooning mashed potatoes into her plate calmly.

"Just ignore him, mate," was Ron's helpful advice.

"But he keeps staring at me. It's making me feel uncomfortable, like I have a massive zit on my face."

"Don't worry, Harry, your face is fine. And it doesn't seem like he's staring any more than usual." Hermione was clearly not as concerned about this as she should have been.

"What do you mean, 'more than usual'? He doesn't usually stare at me! He must be up to something." Harry wondered why he didn't think of this before. Whenever Malfoy was acting strange, that meant he was definitely planning something. He ignored the mutual groans of everyone within a five foot radius of him.

"Mate, he always stares at you. As much as you stare at him. Don't worry about it." Ron was clearly too busy stuffing his face full of sausage to worry about this properly.