"You still ok to go alone? 'Cause I can totally come along..."

Jennie shook her head and yawned. "No, I'll be fine."

And so they slept a few more hours until Jennie's alarm rang, and begrudgingly as one could, Jennie crawled out from underneath Jisoo and got ready for the day.

One more day, and she'd be done.

One last time seeing them, and she'd be done.

She thought of her uncle, and felt a little twinge in her heart – but it wasn't emotion towards him, it wasn't sorrow or anything of the sort; no, she just felt the tiniest bit guilty of the fact that she could've cared less that he was dead.

But, then again, he had tried to ruin her life by acting according to her parents' wishes. Not to mention his crimes sent shivers down Jennie's spine.

"Got what he deserved," she muttered as she buttoned up her shirt. She smoothed out her hair, which was tied into a ponytail, and did one last check on her makeup before turning to leave.

"You leaving?"

Jennie turned around to find Jisoo sitting up in bed, hair a mess, eyes dazed and sleepy, looking as adorable and enticing as ever.

"Yeah."

"C'mere. A kiss for good luck."

Jennie went over and kissed Jisoo, softly as she could, and made a little face when she pulled away. "Your breath stinks."

"It smells lovely," Jisoo hummed. "No, I know, it stinks."

"That's why you should cut down on all your coffee," Jennie smirked. "But I gotta go now. You're all cool about having to start with the packing on your own?"

Jisoo nodded. "I recruited Irene and Lisa to come help me."

"Not Chaeyoung?"

"She's working."

"Didn't she just finish a shift yesterday?"

Jisoo nodded and tapped her nose. "Yes, but she's doing a double shift to get tomorrow and the day after that off so that she can make our farewell party."

"Right."

"Now get your butt moving."

"I will. One more kiss."

Jisoo rolled her eyes but kissed her anyway, and then laid back in bed for a little while before she'd get up and start packing.

The moving company was coming in three days, and they'd only just barely gotten started on packing their things.

The move itself was only a week away, and Jisoo was jittery and as nervous as ever. Jennie was nervous too, and by extension, Dalgom was as well – he could sense the tension in the air, and the pile of cardboard in the foyer seemed to interest him greatly. Though they'd managed to put the boxes high up enough that he couldn't get to them, he had spent most of the day before sitting in front of the cupboard, staring up at the cardboard, his little nose twitching in curiosity and annoyance that his mommies had dared to deny him what was obviously a brand new toy.

When Jisoo did finally roll out of bed to take him for his morning walk, Jennie had gotten to Sing Sing, and as Jisoo strolled through the sun-lit paths of Central Park, Jennie sat in a plain grey room, waiting for her father to be brought in.

At first it had been arranged that she'd meet with both her mother and father, but her mother had backed out – of course she had. Jennie wasn't surprised at all that her mother had no desire to see her, and was glad that she only had to deal with her father for the brief visit.