Chapter 33

"Ok, what are you going to wear tonight?"

Jennie groaned and threw a pillow in Jisoo's general direction. It was far too early in her opinion – just barely 8 am – but Jisoo was already up and rummaging through their wardrobe.

"Jisoo, it's 8 in the morning."

"I know, but Lisa has plans for us and they start at noon. Last 12 hours of 2015 or some bullshit like that, I don't know, but I need to wash and dry my hair before that and you should, too."

"If that means together, then I'm fine. But not yet."

Jisoo chuckled and walked out of the closet, a small pile of dresses in her hand. She dumped the whole pile on top of Jennie, who yelped in protest and buried herself further under the covers.

"You're so not a morning person," Jisoo chuckled as she pulled her shirt over her head. "It's adorable and annoying."

"You're just plain annoying."

"Oh hush, look over here and tell me which one I should wear."

Jennie peeked from under the covers and saw that Jisoo was standing before her in only her panties, two dresses in her hand.

"Okay, so it's either this one," Jisoo said, placing a dark blue, skin-tight strapless dress on herself, "Or this one." The dark blue she exchanged for a black dress with a flowier skirt and tight waist, and Jennie remembered this one had enticing cutouts in the back. She'd been there when Jisoo had bought it, but had yet to see it on her at any event. It wasn't really like they had many chances for fancy dress.

"I'd take the or," she smirked. Jisoo just groaned and rolled her eyes.

"You're an idiot."

"The black dress," Jennie answered as she reached over for her phone. "Oh, Taeyeon says the preliminary trial is canceled. Something about overbooking of the court rooms."

Jisoo gaped at Jennie for a long while. "How are you so nonchalant about that?"

Jennie threw her a smile. "I'm still half asleep. And it's good news, anyway."

Jisoo then shrugged and looked at the dresses again. "You're sure the black one is better?"

"Yes, the black one."

"Really? Don't you like the blue one?"

"The black dress makes it easier for shenanigans." Jennie yawned as she said that, and finally sat up in bed, the bun her hair had once been in just barely composed.

"Black dress it is."

Jennie got out of bed and walked over to the closet to pull out her silk robe, wrapping it around her naked body before smirking at Jisoo.

"I'll go make us food. You go shower."

"Won't you join me?"

Jennie looked at Jisoo, just slightly pouting and looking far too adorable. "You're too lazy to wash your own hair, aren't you?"

"No, I just want you."

"You want me to wash your back."

"Well, it is much easier when someone else washes your hair for you-" Jisoo smiled. "Come on, I'll wash your hair, and you'll wash mine. Please."

Jennie walked over to where Jisoo was leaning on the bathroom doorframe and placed her hands on her wife's hips, pulling them closer to hers. "Fine, fine. You didn't have to beg."

*****

At precisely one minute past midday, Lisa came knocking at their door.

"You guys ready?" She asked when the door was swung open, revealing Jisoo and Jennie, all dressed up and certainly ready to go. But she barged in, dragging along a begrudging Chaeyoung, and went over to the kitchen to place a bottle of vodka and four plastic shot-glass necklaces on the counter.