Chapter 65

Jisoo had come home to find Jennie scrolling through articles upon articles, all of which told the same story. She'd known that Jennie's parents had been involved in illegal things, but the extent of it was far more than she could've ever imagined – not only had they effectively evaded almost all taxes for decades, the companies that they owned had violated various guidelines, restrictions and downright laws; one power plant under their name had almost completely disregarded the environmental legislations and the restrictions on certain emissions, whilst another had effectively had it's various HR violations hidden away and swept under the rug by Kwon Legal Services' efficient lawyers. But now that all was out in the open – every little thing, every receipt for coffee and every document with their name on it was out on the internet for everyone to see, and there was no way they could've ever undone any of the damage.

"Did you watch the video?" Jisoo asked as she climbed into bed.

"No, I was waiting for you. Did Lisa say anything?"

Jisoo groaned, and Jennie looked up from the phone to find her answer clearly expressed on Jisoo's face. She moved back to lean against the headboard and gestured for Jisoo to come closer, and so Jisoo clambered over to settle in Jennie's lap, resting her head back against Jennie's shoulder.

"She didn't really say anything about the case," Jisoo began. "But she did- god, I can't even believe she did it-"

"What did she do?"

"She didn't tell me exactly. Something about 'the less you know the better off you'll be', but from what I gather, she told someone to leak everything about your parents."

"What!?"

"I know."

"That's insane."

"I know."

"She could get arrested!"

"I know."

"Why'd she do it?"

"She did it for me, Jennie. And for you."

Jennie sighed. "It was a risky move."

"But it worked, didn't it?"

"Depends on what she was trying to achieve."

"Well, if all goes well, your parents will probably lose face completely and- well, I don't know, really. Can we watch the video?"

Jennie nodded and pulled up the video on Jisoo's phone. In it was a figure, not clearly female or male, seated facing away from the camera, the hood of their shirt pulled up so that you couldn't see a thing about them. When they spoke, the voice was broken and diverted like those of machines – Jisoo thought it reminded her of Darth Vader, but refrained from commenting and instead focused on what was being said.

"It is an established fact that the rich minority of this country are reaping benefits off the backs of the poorer majority. This is a warning to you all. The Kwon Legal Services may be one of the first, but it certainly will not be the last.

It was brought to our attention that Jiyong and Chaerin Kwon, the founders of the Kwon Legal Services and the owners of Kwon Inc., were practicing illegal business and abusing their power to gain money, reverence, and even more power. It is our intention to expose them. They are liars. Blackmailers. Good-for-nothings, whose entire empire is based off of lies and deceit, built using the money gained from protecting wealthy land-owners and industrialists. While they may have been ruthless lawyers, it seems that not even the best of lawyers can be infallible – from what we have seen, and what we publish, it is clear that their actions cannot be dismissed. They have broken the law. They have gotten away with breaking the law because they have money, power, and influence.