Chapter 32

Jisoo looked absolutely stunning. She was wearing a form-fitting dark blue dress with a low-cut back and ample cleavage on the front, and her heels made her legs look absolutely divine; her freshly washed hair was tied up in a neat bundle of curls at the nape of her neck, and she had really gone all out with her makeup. Red lips and darkly shaded eyes, almost shocking with their intensity, that was what made Jennie feel weak and wanting for nothing more than to have her out of the dress and fucking her - but they were on a date, on their way to a restaurant, and she had to stash her desire for later. Jennie couldn't help but stare in awe at her wife as they got out of the cab and walked into the restaurant Jisoo had picked, and she was so focused on the dark-haired leading her that she failed to even take notice of where they'd gone. Only after they'd stepped in and were standing as the waiter set up their table did she truly look around, and was awestruck by just how beautiful the quaint little restaurant was. There were lanterns and fairy lights strung up in the ceiling, and the walls were papered with old-timey flower wallpaper which made Jennie feel like she'd stepped a hundred years back in time; there were candles on every table, and some hung from the ceiling as well.

"What is this place again?" She asked quietly.

"A cute little French restaurant with an incredibly complicated name," Jisoo answered her with a smile. "Pretty, isn't it?"

The waiter came then, and led them to their table. After he'd collected their coats and taken their drink order, he left the two of them to decide on what to eat.

"You've been here before?" Jennie asked Jisoo. "Seems like a place that you have to stumble upon."

"Yeah, I- I saw this place once, but I've never actually been inside. I just passed it one time and thought it was cute."

Jennie smiled. "You're cute."

The smile was returned, and for a while, they just stared at each other. But then Jisoo recalled the emptiness of her stomach, and chuckled at the twinkling laughter in Jennie's eyes.

"Pick your food, I'm starving."

Jennie ordered herself roast duck while Jisoo opted for the coq au vin, and after a while of debating Jisoo allowed Jennie to choose the wine for the both of them. Everything was comfortable and happy, and very romantic, as Jennie continued to point out.

"A candle-lit dinner," she sighed after she'd savored the last bite of her meal, "And I can't believe you made fun of me for being a romantic."

"I only brought you here because I knew you'd love it."

Jennie laughed gently, her eyes never leaving Jisoo, whose finger was slowly tracing along the rim of her wine glass. "Only because of that? So this is what, a gruesome task for you?"

Jisoo scoffed. "Yes, that's exactly what I mean. This is so cheesy it's disgusting."

"You love it."

And the smile that stretched onto Jisoo's painted lips revealed that it was indeed true, and Jennie laughed again.

"You're an idiot, you know that?" Jisoo chuckled. "A cute idiot, but still."

"Well I'd say that makes two of us. There's no way I'm any more of an idiot than you are."

"I'm great."

"Yes, but that doesn't mean you're not an idiot."

The waiter came by and took away their plates, and they sat back as they waited for their dessert and finished off their wine. The alcohol was just enough to get them tipsy, and neither of them were fully aware of anyone other than each other; Jisoo's eyes were darting back and forth between Jennie's eyes and Jennie's lips, but the candle set so conveniently in between the two of them prevented her from reaching across the table and meeting her lips with her wife's.