Chapter 20

When Lisa and Chaeyoung returned to the hotel room later that evening, they came to find Jennie and Jisoo curled up on the bed, fast asleep with the TV still on. Jennie was holding Jisoo as though she were afraid the dark-haired would slip away from her, and the absolute look of content and happiness that seemed to reside in the dark-haired's features was more than enough to show that they were happy.There was an unfinished box of pizza on the table, as well as a bag of Italian takeout, still untouched on the table. Clearly, the pair had intended on eating and watching TV, but fallen asleep instead.

"Should we wake them?" Chaeyoung whispered into Lisa's ear. Lisa quivered when she felt Chaeyoung's breath against her neck, and for the slightest moment forgot she'd asked a question.

"Uh, no. Let them sleep," she murmured when she regained herself. "We can take the car. Lets give 'em a few more hours. They deserve the rest."

Chaeyoung nodded and grabbed the nearest hoodie before walking out of the room. Lisa smirked when she noticed that it was her hoodie, not Chaeyoung's, and was already prepared to point that fact out. She followed her out and down to the car, where they sat down. For a while, neither of them said anything; they only sat there, staring at the dashboard, unsure of what to do.

"Where should we go?"

Chaeyoung shrugged. "I don't know. You pick."

"Like I'd know where to go in Carson City. Google something."

"How about Tahoe?"

"What about Tahoe?"

Chaeyoung rolled her eyes and shoved her phone into Lisa's hand. "How about we go see lake Tahoe?"

"Oh. Right."

Lisa put the radio on to mask her sudden embarrassment, but even so, Chaeyoung noticed.

Chaeyoung always noticed, because somehow, Lisa was like an open book to her.

She rather enjoyed making the brunette flustered and embarrassed, given the fact that Lisa did so to all too often.

The tragedy(and benefit) of the two of them was the fact that they were nothing if not petty and competitive. Lisa, although currently rendered incapable of anything intelligible and non-embarrassing to say, was already thinking up ways she could get back at Chaeyoung. The woman was infuriating to say the least; after the kiss the night before, she had not said a word. Not about the kiss, anyway. They had enjoyed truly interesting conversations, and words had not been lost between them; but neither Lisa nor Chaeyoung had dared to touch the topic of their feelings for one another, because neither of them really knew what to think of the other.

Lisa knew Chaeyoung was beautiful and intelligent, and that the kiss had been breathtaking; whether it had been same for Chaeyoung, she had no idea. But she was not one to worry about such trivial things. What mattered to Lisa was the fact that Chaeyoung was fun, and that flirting and joking with and at Chaeyoung was even more entertaining than she had originally thought it to be.

They stopped by to get takeout before finding their way to a secluded beach at the shore of the crystal blue lake. It was late afternoon, and the sun was already hanging low in the sky; the air had a nip within it, and the wind that blew was sharp and biting. Chaeyoung found herself shivering in the chill, and so she went back to the car to retrieve the hoodie she'd grabbed from the hotel room.

"That's my hoodie, you know," Lisa pointed out. Chaeyoung looked at her curiously, and saw a smile playing at her lips and amusement twinkling in her eyes.

She contemplated leaning in and kissing her then, knowing it would have sent Lisa's head spinning and rendered her in yet another state of embarrassment which Chaeyoung so enjoyed. But instead she just shrugged and sat down across from Lisa, fully aware of the fact that the hoodie she was wearing was hers.