Chapter 54

"So what you're telling me is that Lisa's in a committed, loving relationship?"

Jisoo laughed and nodded. "Committed, yes. They haven't quite gotten to the 'I love you' confessions. Yet."

Irene shook her head and took a sip from her glass. "I still can't believe it. Can't believe you, either."

"What?"

"You're married, Jisoo. A year ago you were swearing you'd never marry anyone, and yet..."

"Don't forget, she was already married a year ago," Bogum pointed out. "More wine, anyone?"

Jennie shook her head. "We still need to survive our way home."

"You could just call a cab."

"I kinda want to walk." Jennie suggested. Jisoo, however, turned to look at her and shook her head.

"Jennie, we're not walking at this time of night. No way."

"Fine."

"So wait- when's Chaeyoung coming back? We have to do a double date with them, don't we Bogs?"

Bogum made a face at Irene calling him Bogs, but shrugged. "Sure, why not. Lisa's fun."

"And Chaeyoung-?"

"I've only met her briefly. Can't say either or, really."

"Fair enough."

"We've called dibs, though." Jisoo said. "Jennie wants to see Chaeyoung and Lisa interacting in a 'romantic situation', isn't that what you called it?"

Jennie nodded. "Yeah. I just have to see it with my own eyes, you know?"

"They're ridiculous." Irene chuckled. "Lisa's an idiot. But Chaeyoung seems more than capable of keeping her in line."

"I think it's the other way around, actually," Jennie said. "It seems that Lisa's managed to get on top of Chaeyoung in more ways than one."

"Oh Jesus."

Jennie just smirked, and Jisoo elbowed her gently. "Let's not talk too much about Lisa. She'd murder us if she knew we were talking about her."

"But she's in love, Jisoo! With a real living person!" Irene exclaimed. "I can't believe it. I've been so busy so we haven't been able to really hang out, but from the few things she's said about her, it's obvious that she's smitten. And now that she's not here, it's like she's missing a part of herself. Which, by the way – when's Chaeyoung coming back? You still haven't answered my question."

"In a week."

"So not so long for Lisa, then."

"Yeah, no, she's been jumping around happily about the fact that she's going to have sex in exactly seven days and two hours, or something. She's very happy about it."

Bogum laughed. "Of course she is."

"Oh wait, you guys's anniversary is coming up in like a few weeks, isn't it?"

Irene nodded. "Yep."

"Are you guys doing anything special?"

"We're going to London for a little trip," Irene smiled.

"Oh, that's nice."

"Yeah, I've got some meetings with a few breweries that I want to order stuff from, but otherwise it'll be a complete getaway." Bogum grinned. "By the way, I still find it strange that you two got married before we did."

"It is strange."

"If you think about it, my bachelorette party was also your bachelorette party," Irene pointed out. "Only you got married during said party, but still..."