"Tell me what?"

Lisa sighed. "It's some...project leader position, for like a month I think, in Chad."

"And they want me?"

"Mhm."

Chaeyoung sighed and laid onto her back, thinking Lisa would want her space - but instead, she was surprised when Lisa climbed onto her, nuzzling her face into her neck, her arm wrapping around her waist and pulling her close.

"But what's wrong?" Chaeyoung asked quietly.

Lisa sighed, and her breath was hot against Chaeyoung's skin – a little too hot, even. She still had a little fever, even though the medicine had helped get it down. "It's nothing."

"No, something's wrong. Tell me."

"It's stupid."

"You're stupid anyway. Tell me."

Chaeyoung had to wait a long while before the brunette in her arms spoke again.

"I don't like the thought of you going away for a month."

Lisa sounded so vulnerable, her voice quiet and small, that Chaeyoung couldn't help but wrap her arms around her even tighter and pull her close. "That's not stupid at all."

"Are you going to go?"

Chaeyoung sighed. "If the position is what I think it is, I'd be stupid to decline."

"Oh."

Lisa trembled just the slightest bit, and Chaeyoung looked down at her in surprise. "Lisa, are you crying?"

The brunette wiped at her eyes and hid her face further into Chaeyoung's neck. "No."

"Lisa..."

"I'm sick and tired and emotional, and I just spent the past hour imagining what it'd be like to be all alone again, and I just-"

Chaeyoung sighed and brought her hand up to stroke Lisa's hair gently. "That's alright."

"But you're going to go."

"I have a career to think about, Lisa."

"I don't...no, I'm not going to say I don't want you to go, because it's your career. But I won't like it."

"I won't like it either."

"But it's your career."

"It's my career," Chaeyoung agreed. "But we'll worry about that later. For now, you need to rest."

"Can you stay here?" Lisa asked. "In bed, with me?"

"Even though you might get me sick?"

"Please?"

Chaeyoung just smiled. "Well if you insist..."

*****

Jisoo awoke in the dark of night, finding her mouth parched like a desert. There was no water in her glass, and so with a groan she crawled out of bed and to the bathroom to get some water to soothe her sore throat and dry, cracked lips. She wasn't feeling so bad anymore – the headache was still there, but her fever was lessening, and she was sure that she'd be just fine in a matter of days.

Jennie, on the other hand, had taken a worse hit, and was most likely going to be ill for at least a week – as according to Chaeyoung, anyway. And so Jisoo took care to refill Jennie's glass too, and tiptoed back to the bed as quietly as she could, despite knowing Jennie wouldn't wake even if the ground was shaking.

She had just settled down on her side of the bed when she felt Jennie stirring, and turned around to find her staring at her with wide eyes.

"Jennie, you okay?"