"Jennie, you know that her not talking wasn't because of you. Lisa told me she told you. She was upset."

"Yeah, but...she'll want to talk about it, about the kiss. And I'm not ready...what if she says no? What if she's mad? What if I fucked this whole thing up because I let my feelings get the best of me?"

"Jennie, just shut up and go talk to her. It'll be fine. If she says no I'll come and kick her ass, ok?"

"Promise me you won't do that."

"I will kick her ass if I have to, but I have faith that she won't say no," Chaeyoung smirked. She took Jennie by both shoulders and pushed her towards the door. "Now go, my child. Talk to the woman you love."

Jennie groaned but did as told, knowing there was no saying no to Chaeyoung. She threw her a pointed glare before turning the doorknob and stepping into what she expected would be her worst nightmare.

Instead, it was like she'd stepped into a dream. A really good dream.

The last thing she would've expected was for Jisoo's body to engulf hers into a tight hug the instant she entered the room.¨

No, she certainly did not expect that.

And yet, that was exactly what happened when she stepped through that door.

Jisoo's arms were around her neck, her face buried in Jennie's shoulder and her dark hair in Jennie's face, and Jennie was sure she'd died and gone to heaven. She stood there, stunned, for a score of three seconds before kicking the door shut behind herself and wrapping her arms around Jisoo's waist, pulling her closer and sighing contently. Jisoo was warm and soft, and the press of her body against her own was better than Jennie had even imagined. She was sure the world around her had to be spinning, but her eyes were closed and she was solely concentrated on Jisoo.

"Thank you."

Jisoo's voice was just barely above a whisper, but Jennie caught it nevertheless; she loosened her hold of Jisoo's waist, thinking Jisoo would pull away, but the dark-haired did not do so with the arms around Jennie's neck. If anything, they tightened their hold, and Jennie could feel Jisoo leaning into her, almost clinging to her as though she were afraid she'd leave. Jennie smiled and gently tightened her arms around the girl once again, holding her like she had wanted to for days.

"You're...you're welcome," Jennie mumbled quietly. Her fingers were just grazing a sliver of exposed skin where Jisoo's shirt had ridden up, and she had to swallow hard to keep herself steady in the face of her realization of how smooth Jisoo's skin was. Jisoo sighed and turned her head against Jennie's shoulder, and for a long while, the two of them just stood there, embracing one another and not caring for anything else.

Finally, Jisoo pulled away from Jennie as carefully as she could and went over to sit on the bed. Jennie followed and sat next to her, and for a while, neither of them spoke.

"Why did you do it?"

Jisoo was still quiet, but Jennie saw no trace of hurt or upset in her face. She looked curious, confused even, and that in turn was enough to confuse the brunette who was trying so hard to not freak out over the fact that they had just hugged.

"What? The..."

"Yeah, the kiss and the whole 'don't touch my girlfriend' spiel."

Jennie chewed her lip. "I don't know. I...I heard him say that you're unloveable and all that crap and I just...I wanted to prove him wrong."

"So you pretended to be my girlfriend?"

"Yeah."

"And thought a kiss would just be a good addition?"