"That's Lisa for you. She's inappropriate and annoying. You don't have to take anything she says seriously."

Jennie nodded slowly. There was a lot on her mind; not one, but two people had told her not to divorce the dark-haired before in less than an hour. She wasn't so sure what to do anymore.

There was also her conversation with Jisoo's friend, Lisa.

Or, to be more precise, what Lisa had said when she'd picked up the phone.

"I've thought about this very deeply and I've come to the uncontestable conclusion that you're definitely falling in love with your wife."

There wasn't much left for interpretation in what Lisa had said. According to those words, Jisoo was falling for her – for Jennie – and Jennie had no idea what she thought about it.

There just was something about Jisoo which Jennie couldn't quite place. Something that made her feel at ease when she was in the room, something which made each word that they exchanged feel fluid like water, without any weight or hidden thoughts behind them. Jennie had never trusted anyone in her life, but somehow she trusted Jisoo. Jisoo was like the first breath of fresh air after being submerged for what now felt like all of her life. Jisoo was Jisoo.

And then there was the fact that according to Jisoo's best friend, Jisoo was quickly falling in love with her.

Maybe we won't get a divorce.

Jennie shrugged to herself and turned to her side. They had fallen silent, and Jisoo had just taken her sketchbook and begun drawing again. Jennie wondered if she was drawing her. After a while, it became evident that Jisoo was – even with her eyes fixed at the ceiling, Jennie could feel her eyes darting up from the paper to her face every now and then. She tried her best not to move and to not give away the fact that she was aware of Jisoo's attention, but that just made her tense.

"Just in case you didn't know, I'm drawing you."

Jennie glanced at Jisoo, completely dumbfounded. "Really?"

"I saw you noticed. Figured I'd say something to make it less awkward."

"Why are you drawing me?"

Jisoo shrugged, suddenly shy. "I don't know. You've got a nice facial structure."

Wow, smooth, Jisoo thought to herself. Jennie just smiled.

"Can I move?"

"Yeah, of course."

Jennie shifted slightly to ease the throbbing dull pain in her shoulder. Without even realizing, she grimaced, and instantly saw concern pass over the light brown of Jisoo's eyes.

"Are you in pain?"

Jisoo's voice was soft and gentle, and Jennie realized now that she loved the sound of her voice. It was melodic and always somehow careful, so different from the harsh, sharp voices of her parents. Her parents always demanded something from her, and it showed in their voices. Jisoo was yet to demand anything from her. She only requested and asked, and even that she did so gently and carefully it was no bother at all to Jennie. She was not used to being treated like this.

She wasn't too used to being treated kindly.

"Jennie?"

Jennie shifted again and shook her head. "Not really. It's just uncomfortable."

"I can ask for a nurse to up your pain medication."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why?"