She glanced at the clock. Jennie had been in surgery for a little over an hour now. Dr. Juwon had told her it'd be around two hours at it's most, and so Jisoo pulled out her phone and dialed the second number in her speed dial. The first was her mother. She was certainly not going to call her yet. No, Jisoo was going to wait until her marriage was settled, one way or another, before calling her mother.

Lisa picked up so fast Jisoo was sure she'd been waiting for her call.

"How's the wife?"

Jisoo groaned. "She's...I don't know."

"You don't know? Oh god, Jisoo, that's not good. I was hoping she'd be an ugly little bitch and you'd come skittering home as quickly as you could. Is she hot?"

Jisoo sighed. "I guess..."

"Send me a picture."

"She's not here."

"Where are you?"

"At the hospital."

"Why are you at the hospital and she isn't?"

"She's in surgery. I'm in her room."

"Oh." Lisa was quiet for a while. "Wait. She's in surgery and you're waiting for her?"

"Yeah. I figured she wouldn't want to wake up alone."

"God, Jisoo, I'd say I hear wedding bells if they hadn't chimed for you two already."

"Lisa, shut up."

"Draw me a sketch of her and send that."

Jisoo was quiet for just the slightest moment, and that gave rise to a gasp from the other end. "Don't tell me you've already drawn her."

"Shut up."

"You've already drawn her?"

"I swear, Lisa, I will kill you one day."

"You've drawn her, Jisoo. This is too precious." Lisa was practically laughing, and Jisoo rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"So what if I've drawn her? She doesn't want to be married to me. And I'm not the marrying type."

On the other end, Lisa bit her cheek to refrain from pointing out that Jisoo had failed to say she didn't want to be married to this Ruby Jane. She figured she'd let that slide.

For now.

"Fine. How's the divorce coming along?"

"It's a bit more...complicated." Jisoo sighed and briefly explained the situation, only lightly sharing the 'mentally incapacitated' part. She didn't know that much herself, and figured Lisa didn't have to know every detail. By the end of her explanation, Lisa was swearing she'd move to Seattle with her in the spirit of solidarity.

"Just in case," she explained right before she hung up, "I'd just be there to protect you and your precious little heart from evil rich homophobic lawyer asshats."

She had hung up quickly when her boss had caught her taking a liberally long break, leaving Jisoo chuckling alone in the now darkened hospital room.

She got up to put on the lights but instead found herself distracted by the setting sun that she glimpsed from the window. Without even noticing, she found herself standing before the window, her eyes running over the horizon which was being painted pink and red by the last remaining traces of daylight. She could see the city's skyline beneath it, flat and barely even there, and with a start she realized she didn't know where she actually was.