"I'm sure that's referring to Atobe," replied Shiraishi with a laugh.

"Is it now?"

Shiraishi nodded. "Even before we crossed paths in the national tournament, everyone knew Atobe as the most powerful leader in the Kanto region. He's the man behind a two-hundred-member club, the largest in the country."

While Atobe indulged in flattery from others, he wasn't the type to dwell on past glory. "That title was nice back then, but tennis is no longer my playing field. Now I'd rather earn my place in business." 

Glancing down at his phone, he said, "Speaking of which, I need to make a call to a client." Before excusing himself, he asked Noa, "While I step out, can I get you anything?"

Noa tapped her chin, "Hmm... How about a smoothie from that all-natural store in Yodoyabashi?"

Atobe nodded. He asked Shiraishi to keep Noa out of trouble then headed towards the parking lot.

"You do know Yodoyabashi is on the other end of this district, right?" asked Shiraishi once Atobe was out of sight.

Noa nodded. "Sure. But that's what his chauffeur is for."

Shaking his head in astonishment, Shiraishi said, "The great Atobe Keigo, fetching drinks. My oh my, how times have changed." Revealing a mischievous smile, he said, "I don't suppose he does this for just anyone?"

Noa made a face. "I guess that was too obvious to miss."

"I should've known: only someone like you can trap Atobe Keigo's heart."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"Atobe remains the most sought-after bachelor wherever he goes. That was the case in high school and became even more pronounced after he moved to Kansai. The man is a business luminary in the region. As far as I know, though, he's never dated. I guess no one ever satisfied his standards..." Eyeing Noa meaningfully, he smiled, "Until now, anyway."

There was one other person before me, thought Noa, recalling his past with Ayuna. But she kept her mouth shut.

"Though I should've known he'd want to keep this private," commented Shiraishi. "It's too flashy otherwise."

"It's only temporary," said Noa. "We're keeping quiet so media attention would stay focused on the fundraiser instead of unnecessary gossip."

"Maybe it's best to continue like this. Do you know how many girls dream of being in your place?"

"I do know, actually. Maybe too well."

Shiraishi looked at her quizzically.

"The information leaked out to some and I might've gotten a handful of threatening letters here and there. The usual."

"The usual?!" Incredulous with her laid-back demeanor, Shiraishi asked, "Aren't you worried for yourself?"

Noa merely shrugged. "I've seen enough trashy dramas to know these are nothing but empty threats. If not, then maybe a few attempts at public humiliation or hair-pulling—nothing I can't handle. Worst comes to worst, I'll break an arm or two, maybe put up a few surveillance cameras... We'll see."

Practically doubling over with laughter, Shiraishi said, "Ami Noa, I think you might be the quirkiest person I've ever met."

"I'll take that as a compliment," she did an exaggerated curtsy to him. At that moment, it crossed her mind that she'd been putting off her all-important mission—she was supposed to find out who Shiraishi Kuranosuke really was! "Speaking of quirky, I'd say you're pretty interesting yourself. How come you dropped out of tennis to be a government worker? As a former elite athlete, don't you find your work tedious?"