Fly me to the moon

God I love angst

TW: major character death, crying, blood, last goodbyes, very angsty guys. Tell me if there is anything else I should add!

Ship sailing: Space Kid x Dolph

-

Dolph crouched over space kid, tears streaming down his face as he took the young teens face into his shaking hands. 

"Neil. Neil, baby, please stay awake! Don't-d-don't f-fall asleep!" He pleaded, stroking his lovers cheek. He was so pale and cold.

Space Kid blinked once. Then once more. Then another time. Slowly and owl like as blood pooled around his small form. He smiled at his boyfriend before he started to sing.

"Fly me to the moon," he sang, voice barely above a whisper. It was also raspy, nothing like his normal singing voice. Dolph smiled, a small smile, nonetheless. It was painful and obviously fake but it was something and space kid cherished it.

"A-and let me pl-play among the s-s-stars," Dolph forced out, voice shaky and low, much like space kids. Space Kid smiled when Dolph sang, a wave of nostalgia washing over him. 

He remembered the time he knew he fell in love with Dolph. He had had a crush on him for a while but, at that point in time, he knew it was more than a small crush. 

It was at camp, of course, and space kid was bored. So, obviously, he searched for his favorite person, Dolph. He found Dolph in his "art studio" but his back was turned from the entrance. His brush strokes were light and organic. His head swayed back and forth to the tune of a song space kid had never heard before. 

"Vly me to za moon and vet me play among ze stars. Tell me vhat spring is vike on Jupiter and mars…" he had sung, German accent thick. He was singing a song that would soon become space kid favorite song, associated with his favorite person but for now, it's was just a song. Sung by a beautiful boy. 

"Let me see what spring is like on...Jupiter...and mars," Space Kid sang, eyes drooping down. They felt...so heavy… like the weight of the world has been pushed down onto his young eyelids. 

He shouldn't be this ready for death at so young.

"I-in other w-w...words, h-hold my hand-hand," Dolph took space kids hand in his. His fingers were cold and he Space Kid couldn't fully grasp his hand. He was dying far too fast. 

"In oth-other words, dar-darling, kiss me," Dolph placed, what he and Space Kid both knew, would be there final kiss on his cold, chapped lips. Space Kid felt tears run down his cheeks. He didn't know whether or not they were his or Dolphs.

"I'm gonna go see what spring is like, baby," space kid slurred, eyes slowly falling together. "I love you…" was all he whispered as he felt his eyes close for the last time and his last breath leave his parted lips. 

Dolph let out a gut wrenching sob, burying his head into the chest of his dead lover. He missed hearing his heart beat, and feeling his chest rise and fall as he talked about the stars. God, what he'd give to hear him talk about the stars one more time. 

"I'll join you soon, dear," Dolph whispered, a broken and pitiful little sound. "I promise." was all he said before done overtook him and he felt like all he could do was scream and son and scream some more. 

And that was how the other campers(those of which that could still go) found both teens that evening. One dead and one asleep with tear tracks on his face and dried blood on his arms. 

-

Quick question; do y'all think I should make a book? Cus I have a plow and everything for a camp camp book so, idk