the party

Y'all remember that Danvid shit I made that I liked well yeah there's more cus I just need backstory.

If y'all wanna know what happens after then read the on-shot like like a few chapters before this

TW: crying, some dude being an asshole, kissing(irdk girlies) tell me if I missed anything.

Ship sailing: none rn technically

-

David didn't want to be at this party.

David had said he did and had acted super pumped to do so but he did not want to be at this party.

It's Saturday night, tomorrow would be Monday and it would also be Daniels birthday and David was really hoping Daniel would just sleepover and they could cuddle and talk and swap secrets and-

Yeah, nope. That needs to stop, that was getting into really gay territory.

God, David was whipped.

He glanced around the crowded space from where he was in a random corner. He didn't know which room he was in and he didn't know what song was playing. He didn't know much, actually.

He knew this was Kevin's house. He knew this was Kevin's party. He knew Daniel wanted to be here and had begged David to join him. Had said that he couldn’t go without him because he wouldn’t know what to do. He needed David to guide him through his first house party.

But now Daniel is gone, nowhere to be found.

He couldn't hear anything over the loud music and blaring lights. He idly wondered whether or not the authorities would be called. Would he run? Would Daniel run? Would they call Daniels parents?

Someone tapped him, roughly, on his shoulder. He glanced around before angling his head down a bit.

Ah, Gwen.

"Hey Gwen!" He said, almost a yell with how loud the music was. She twisted her face and grabbed him by his forearm, tugging him through the mass pile of bodies.

They walked and walked and walked until they finally made it to the kitchen, which was a lot less crowded. Still the same bright lights and blaring music but only a few small groups milling around, eating and talking. Gwen dragged him through the back door and out onto the large back lawn.

Sometimes David forgot just how loaded Kevin was.

She let the door close behind her before letting go of David's arm. He brought it to his chest, rubbing his wrist from how tight she had grabbed him.

"You seemed panicked." Was all she offered, sitting down where she stood and patting the space next to her. David shrugged and plopped down.

They sat for a while, not saying anything. The muffled music filtering through the air, moving along with the breeze.

"Have you seen Daniel?" He finally asked. Gwen snorted.

"Goodness, even when on the edge of a panic attack you still think about him." She chuckled, shaking her head.

David made a confused hum, tilting his head in her direction. She rolled her eyes.

"I could see you in there. You looked….not good. You were hyperventilating a bit."

David...didn't know he'd been doing that. Huh.

"Thanks, Gwen," he hummed, lying back on his hands and stretching out his legs. Gwen did the same.

"Anytime. I haven't seen Daniel, by the way. Last I saw him, Jen and him were playing some random drinking game with the debate team."

Daniel huffed out a laugh, picturing it in his head.