I know

Requested by: Creature_Critic

Ships: Gwenvid

Warnings: none. Just really fluffy.

Tried my best with what u gave😌

-

Gwen knew she was in deep.

She knew that she was in so deep she'd never see the surface of the ocean of affection she has been submerged in.

The person to blame for her figurative drowning?

David. That's who.

Gwen had no idea when her feelings for David had started, but all she knew was that they just kept growing, and growing. Everyday she found something new to admire about the bubbly camp counselor and honestly? She hates it.

She hated the way she would blush whenever he called her his CBFL. She hated how Max would tease her when she tried to hide it.

She hated how giddy she felt whenever David would announce they were going swimming. The feeling of the butterflies in her chest whipping by. How her brain turned to mush and she smiled lightly, imagining David in a swimming suit.

She hated how much her affection for him grew whenever he would hang with the kids. Whether it be giving them advice, helping them when they get hurt, or just hanging out and talking to them.

She hated how she would think about the family David and her could have. He'd be a great dad.

The thing she hated the most, though, was how oblivious he was. No matter how much time she spent with him, no matter how many hints she dropped, no matter how much she flirted, he was oblivious! Completely oblivious. Always chalking up her friendliness for...well, friendliness.

She tried so hard but all of her attempts remained fruitless. So she just takes what she can get. The small smiles reserved for her only, the brush of their hands or shoulders or anything. The movie nights they'd share, cuddling on the couch. She savoured those moments immensely....but they weren't enough.

So, that's why, she planned to tell him her feelings.

One warm summer night, after all the kids had gone to sleep, Gwen had decided to launch her plan. While David and her were setting up for another movie night she moved a little bit closer to David then usual.

Once they were comfy she lay her head, delicately, on his shoulder. He, instinctively, wrapped his arms around around her shoulders and let out a content sigh. After a couple more minutes of watching the movie, she turned to him.

"Hey, David? Can I talk to you about something?" She asked, refusing to look at him.

He turned his head slightly to look at her before grabbing the remote to pause the movie. "Sure, Gwen. What's up?"

She gnawed on her bottom lip a bit, wondering how to go about this. She hadn't thought this far ahead. Why didn't she think this far ahead?! Shit, she is bad at this!

Finally, she let out a breath, and turned to face him. The blanket they we're sharing falling, limp in their laps.

"Uhm... Gwen?" David waved his hand in front of her face. Gwen snapped back into reality with a jump.

"Oh, uhm, right. Well, you see....David...I..." She trailed off, not knowing how to go about this.

'Come on, Gwen. Women. The. Fuck. Up! All your doing is telling David how you feel. He's way to nice to reject you harshly so lets do it. Rip it off like a band-aid,' she thought to herself.

'One...two...three!'

"I LIKE YOU!" she yelled, startling David.

"...what?" He whispered, tilting his head slightly. Gwen though it was adorable. She squeezed her eyes shut.

"I....like you, David. Like...like like you," she slowly opened her eyes to see a small smile on David's face. His cheeks were puffed out, obviously holding in a laugh.

After a couple more seconds he finally let out loud barks of laughter. He wrapped his arms around his stomach, trying to steady his breathing. Gwen stared at him in confusion and hurt.

Was her liking him really that funny? Did he think it was a joke? What if he-

Her thoughts were cut off by David placing a firm yet gentle hand on her shoulder, steadying himself. Wiping a tear from his eye, he finally huffed out a barely manageable sentence.

"You....oh my gosh....you..." More small barks of laughter.

"Gw...Gwen....I-I," a sigh as he finally composed himself. "I....I know you like me Gwen." David said, a gentle look in his eyes.

Her look of hurt and confusion morphed into just confusion.

"You did? But....then how come you haven't.....how long have you known?" She finally managed. Her head was a swirl of questions but that one was the most important to her right now.

David looked up thoughtfully. "Uhm.....if I'm correct...... about a month or so. Max was the one to point it out initially. I didn't believe him but after about a week, I saw what he meant. You were so obvious." He teased. Gwens twine colored skintone flared red. She buried her head in her hands with a groan, feeling like an idiot.

David lifted her head from her hands, cooing softly. "Hey, hey. None of that. It's okay. You have nothing to be embarrassed about," he looked away sheepishly.

"I....uhm....I-I actually feel the same way..." He trailed off, eyes staying fixed on the floor. Gwen look up at the man in surprise.

"REALLY!" she yelled, before realizing how loud she was. "I mean....really?" She asked. She wanted to make sure this was not a joke.

"Really." He confirmed. Confidence was oozing from his tone. He was sure.

"Oh, well....uhm....if it's okay with you.....would you maybe wanna go out sometime and.....do something?" She asked, awkwardly. Gwen was inwardly cringing at herself right now. David nodded his head enthusiastically.

Just like everything he did.

"I'd love too." he said. His voice sounding just as confident as before.

"Good," Gwen sighed before turning back to face the TV.

"Now, cuddle with me while we finish Finding Nemo." She demanded. David could tell she was teasing but gladly did so anyway.

-
1

014 words