blob

This is real quick and short.

TW: mentions of not eating (not Ed) tell me if I missed anything.

Ship sailing: none.

-

Ered sighed, knocking on the bedroom door. The 'Do Not Enter' poster rustled under her knuckles, but no other noise was made. She sighed again, a bit more dramatic this time.

She leaned her forehead against the door, taking a moment to mentally prepare herself for the other side.

"I'm coming in. If you're naked just remember that this could've been prevented with a simple reply." She warned before twisting the knob and slowly pushing the door open.

The room was dark. Not too dark(it was only, like, 2pm) but all the lights were off and the curtains were drawn. The only light in the room were the few days that had managed to force themselves into the room.

Ered let out a breath and closed the door behind her, glancing around the room while she did so.

She spotted it. A blob in the corner of the room, tucked into itself and concerningly still.

She huffed and made her way over.

"Hello," she sighed, plopping her back onto the dirty wall and sliding down until she was comfy on the floor next to the living blob. It made no movement or sound, not acknowledging her at all.

Ered through an arm around it. There was a small jump but nothing else.

"How ya feeling, dude?"

The blob grunted, tipping over to lay on her shoulder. She nodded, giving it a light tap on it's back.

"Yeah, I hear ya. You've had quite a difficult few days. Things not really going to plan, huh?"

The blob let out another low grunt.

"...she's not mad at you. Well, she was but she's not anymore. She got the full explanation and she's more worried for you than anything else. We all are."

There was silence before a quiet sniffle was heard and the blob began to shake. Nothing violent, very slight tremors that came and went. Ered rubbed it's back the whole time, feeding the softeners of the blanket through their fingers.

"Heh. It's like gravity falls. Sweater town. I guess you're in blanket town."

A chuckle.

"What's so funny, huh?" She teased. "You surprised that the coolest girl in the world watches measly peasant shows like gravity falls?"

Another light chuckle followed by a watery snort. Ered smiled, happy to see her friend making some type of noise. The chuckles soon turned to chokes though and she had to roughly pat the blobs back so that they could breathe.

Once the coughing fit had come to an end they had sunk back into silence. Ered used this time to glance around the room. Though still dark and only getting darker, she was able to see enough of the room to see that it was a mess.

The duvet was on the ground. Actually, everything from the bed was on the dirty ground. It seemed they had been sleeping on the floor for the past few days. The light seemed to be broken, hence the darkness, and the desk was full with bowls and plates and water bottles.

Most of the plates had food on them. They'd barely been eating apparently.

Trinkets and clothes were strewn across the floor and Ered was sure that she could see boxes and things spilling out of the closet.

The room was as much of a mess as it's occupant and Ered knew that this was a problem.

She stood up suddenly, earning a displeased grunt from the blob, and walked towards the window, drawing the curtains.

The colorful light of the peaceful afternoon spilled into the room, covering as much as it possibly could. Attaching itself to every bit and piece of the dirtied space.

The blob hissed, strangely enough.

She moved towards the bed, stripping it of its final sheets and threw them in a pile on the bare mattress. She grabbed the duvet and added it to the pile and then the pillowcases and collected them in her arms. She put those in a pile in a corner of the room closest to the door.

She then moved on to the desk, dumping all the food into the trashcan next to it and stacking the plates and cups and bowls. She collected them in her arms, balancing them as she walked to the door and threw it open.

She looked back to see a familiar face staring at her from the corner. She smirked.

"I'm bringing these downstairs to the kitchen. I'll be back to get the sheets and shit. While I'm doing that,' she gestured towards the closet. "Dig your clothes hamper out the closet and start getting all these clothes. If we work together we should be done by dinner, we can order pizza."

She turned around and didn't look back, just closing the door with her hips and shuffling towards the kitchen.

-
803 words.
I wonder who she was comforting🤔