The Mistake

(Micayla's Prov)

'So far so good.'

'We made it past the gate without any trouble; lucky that the guards were a bit more lazy than normal; didn't even give the wagon a real inspection...'

'I push the thought far back into my mind, and instead focused on the land around me. It was strange being back here again. It felt like looking at a distant memory. It just didn't feel real. Something was defiantly different. Although it was bright and has magnificent as it always seemed there was something else; something dark. I wonder if Zea and Cloe had something to do with it? 'No, I don't think so.' Whatever this feeling is was coming from; belonged to a person worse than Zea and Cloe, far worse.'

("I simply hope we don't run into whoever owns this dark magic.")

'I don't get it. If the gates have been breached ever since we left- the day me and my family escaped with that poor dragon- then why were they here, who ever they are, making an effort to make it seem perfectly normal. Wouldn't it make more sense to boast about conquering this realm, or make it known to all the land that there was a new rule?'

'You know my dad once told me "Only the foolish harp of their small achievements, but the wise use secrecy to their advantage when they have made a small achievement; in order to gain what they truly desire." reminded my father's voice from a conversation from not too long ago. This only made me shiver although the weather was far from cold.

'Only one thing was worse than having some random person take over the government; and that having it being taken over by a person who was brilliant and wanted more-!

"Oh Whoa!" I say loudly has I felt the horse underneath me bound into the air unexpectedly, as to avoid going through a small river cutting sharply through the road. Landing on the other side startling me out of completing my thought and catching the eyes of the rest of the group. As the horse lands down back to the ground.'

"You alright there-!" Hanna stopping short has her horse likewise leaped into the air.

"Dumb Horse! It was just a little water." She said alarmed. Talking to the horse irritably. She too had experience with talking to animals. I smiled quietly to myself as she continued to bicker with the horse and to my amusement everyone else was trying hard to conceal their smile as well.'

'Everything fell quiet once more; however as we walked down the time worn road, and I reluctantly returned to my concerned thought's once again.'

'I remember the trip we took with the the dragon and how he talked about everything about his wife and his two girls how he had got their had where his family was now I remember he warned us that some had broken into the barrier someone strong and heading up the latter fast. It wasn't safe here any more it was only getting more dangerous by the year, and the government- despite their attempt to hide that fact- showed it more evidently than anything else put together.'

("I hope Alex is right, 'Well be in and out without a problem')

'The land crawled by slowly as my horse hooves 'Clip Clopped' along the dirt road and I found my thoughts on wondering from Jiminy; who I had asked to stay behind and distract my parents while I was gone and wondered how he was doing.' 

'To back to who could be in charge of the light kingdom now. And then to Macy. She was super nice, although I still don't know everything there is to know about her. I know she wanted to come so badly but Alex was right, it was too dangerous for her.'

'They may hate my father for his treason but their wrath towards humans is far worse than anything almost; even equal, to the people of the kingdom of darkness.'