The Kingdom of Light

"You want us to do what now?" Said Cloe. It was just an hour after and my conversation with Alex. And I had decided that my best bet with my idea was going to be with Zea and Cloe. Who were just at the hideout to do homework because they forgot it was supposed to be due today; however this didn't matter much because no one showed up so they both figured that it would probably be a good idea to get it finished. This I knew because they told that was where they were going instead of class.

("Again why?" Said Midnight. "How many times do I have to tell you. We couldn't ask Mic because I don't believe she would want me to get hurt if something went wrong. Hanna would most likely side with Alex, and I'm not sure where Bri and Phoenix stand so I don't dare ask them." Said Level. "I know, I know, you don't need to attack me." Said Midnight.)     

'The distinct smell of fresh pizza permeated throughout the one room tower, the light hum of the machinery and computers in the background, were almost were as captivating as the stain glass windows filing the room with bright multi colored light in the midst of the room.        

"I want you two to help me find a way to go with you to the light kingdom." I repeated again. Pulling out one of my sketch books and pencil, but even though I knew very well that I wasn't going to be able to have enough concentration to draw anything.'

"So I take it that Alex told you that you shouldn't go." said Cloe.

"Yeah." I say simply, and quickly ask.

"Are you two going to help me or are you?" 

"Of course we are going to help you. What's the point of braking the rules if not everyone participates." And then she gasp's "We could even disguise you to look like an elf!"

"Zea that's not going to work." Said Cloe not looking up from her work.

"And why not." Zea said with a sly smile.

"Did you forget? Human ears. We tried making that work once before Zea you know as well as I do that human ears are just too..." Zea cut's in. 

"That their just to different from an elf's? Sister we have both just stumbled upon an only exception." Said Zea in a matter of fact tone, with her sly smile widening.

"What." Cloe said Looking at me confused and I mirrored the look, and then like a light bulb suddenly switched on in my head I realized what she meant.

 'For years I had always been a little insecure about my ears. They have always stuck just little ways out, unusually and unlike any human I have ever met. It was just another thing that separated me from normality by human standers. The last thing I needed was another oddity in my life so I generally pull my hair in front of them in a weak attempt to hide them, however they relentlessly they poke out sometimes despite the attempt.'

'Zea walked behind me and grabbed my hair and pushed it back behind my ear, and before I could get on the subject of 'personal bubbles' Cloe gasped and said.' 

"No way. This might actuly work." 

"I know! You see your not the only human we've tried to sneak in. All of them are in prison now, and because their ears are glued to the side of their heads, and elf ears stick out, it's almost impossible to get past the guards even when we have made the ears pointed to about near perfect, but we haven't been able to get one to pass as an elf yet." Said Zea.

"But your ears naturally stand out so we just might be able to pull it off." Cloe said. 

"When are we going to the kingdom of light?" I ask. 

"Tomorrow after school. Time go 's by slower here than it does their so we could probably spend the entire week their and only seven hours would fly by here." Said Cloe.