House Of Horror

'After Mic kind of left me there in the hall, I decided to go to the first door and see if I could get a teacher to tell me which class I was in.'

'Well I ended up knocking on ten different doors because there were so many different class rooms and Apparently not enough kids, on the eleventh door someone actually answered, but before I could even get a word in, the someone through a book at me and yelled.' "Get lost!"

("Too late I already am, Humph. Loser!" Said Midnight. 

"Good thing that book didn't hit me that made a dent in the locker." Said Charlotte) I picked up the book and read the title.

("Hmm, Summer of the Monkeys, pretty good book. this must be the library then." Observed Level. 

"This is going to take a while." Complained Midnight. 

"It would seem so." Said Sympathy)

'I got similar responses every ten or more rooms. I started to ask them where my class room was at. And end up getting stuff town at me and being told to go away. So far I've been through the drama class and they through a chair. I was able to find the gym, But P.E was going on and decided if I want to be left unscathed I better just skip that room. I found the workshop class and they threw a hammer and a couple of nails. Sheesh, they have a lot of classes for example: They have a nap class. Yeah, I was thinking "Good grief I'm never finding my class" at that point.'

'As I was about to attempt another door when I saw a mouse sneak across the hall and I had an idea.'

"Hey wait there just one second little fella." the mouse stopped aware that I was talking to him. Realized, was a human. And squeaked.'

"Ugh, another human that wants to kill me."

"I can understand you. And no, I don't want to kill you, I was wondering if you could direct me to my class."

'His eyes widened apparently bewildered. "You can understand me? Wow, um, sorry I wish I could tell you, but I haven't been here that long and all the rooms look the same to me."

*Sigh* "I agree with you there, wait one second." I say digging through my stuff searching for my bag of sunflower seeds. Personally, I think they're disgusting. But the animals like them, so I always have them on hand, either to bribe them or to pay them for their effort.'

'So I handed one seed to the little fella, he said I made his day and then scurried away.'

'I go back up to the next door and sigh, start thinking to myself. 

("How did we find our way to class yesterday?" Level asked and then answered her own question. "Oh yeah, the wolf." 

"So what are you thinking? Do you think we just imagined it?" asked Charlotte. 

"What else can I think? I thought I was talking to a wolf in English, not any animal language, English.) 

'Before Level could finish her sentence someone from behind startled her.

"Wow, you must get lost a lot."

'Turning around swiftly, there she was again the same red wolf from the day before.' ("Oh my. Speak of the devil. Um, Midnight for once, you're on." Said Level)

"And you must lose your pencil a lot." I said,

"I didn't lose my pencil."

"Really then why are you out here?"

"I lost my Math book."

"Same dog different leg." I say under my breath as I pull out a time worn math book I found earlier that morning.

"Is this it?" I ask.

"That's it! what do you do? pick up every piece of junk you find in the halls?"She asked

"No, I pick-pocket people in the hallways, so I can give it back to them later that day, just for the heck of it. Of course, I pick up stuff in the hallways, I was going to turn into the lost and found, if I ever find it, and if I don't get smashed to pieces before I got there! This place is like a House of horror! Every time someone answers a door I have to duck. What is wrong with everyone here?"

'Her Eyes widened slightly when I said I was knocking on doors.'

"Lets see if I can explain. There is a rival school called the Cliffside High and it is a tradition that both schools from seventh grade and up play tricks or pranks on each school. And last year we got pranked good by a girl with dark brown hair and brown eyes, so now the school doesn't take any chances and it just so happens that it is the the seventh graders month, although I would probably mistaken you for an Eighth grader because of your height." She looks me up and down. "It's a good thing I found you when I did most kids get hit with an item on the first try, good thing you've only done one or too. *Sigh* should we get back to class?"

"Probably." ( "Um, should we tell her how long we actually been out here? asked Level. " What she doesn't know wont kill her." Replied Star.)

'We walk over to the door next to the one I was about to knock on.'

("Seriously, we only had one door left?" Complained Midnight)

'We walk into the door and all the kids and the teacher look up.'

"Well look who finally decided to show up, did you get lost or something?" Said Coach

"As a matter of fact she was." Said Hanna turning back into human form.

("Okay, it's official we are totally losing it." Said Charlotte)

"Also, you can follow me to our next classes if you need to." Said Hanna.

"Thank you." I say. and walk over and sit next to Mic and start my assignment.

__________________After School_______________

'After a school of following Hanna everywhere, finally school got out. As I climbed into the brown ford, I noticed my dad's smile as always after school, but I could tell there was something different in his smile, something extra.'

"So, how was school?" He asked casually as possible.

"Good."

"Care to expand on that a little."

"It was really good."

'Normally, by this time, he would start asking more specific questions, but today apparently, what he had to say was a bit more important.'

"So do you remember the black haired girl you were talking to yesterday?"

"Yes, why?"

"I think she is going to ask you to hang out with her, today."

"Why would you say that? No one has ever hung out with me before, why would this person be any different."

'Friends have never come easily for me, and the fact is people would mostly either ignore me or see me one day, but never again after that. I figured this person was just like everyone else. Man, was I ever wrong.'

'Before dad said another word his phone started ringing, he answered it and his smile got bigger than I ever thought possible. Trying to keep a straight face, but was failing at hiding his smile he said. "It's for you."

"What?" I said confused. Taking the phone very unsure now, I said "Hello."

"Hi, this is Zea, I was wondering if you would like to come over and hang out."

"I, Uh, what?"

"Come on, it will be fun. Me and my sister accidentally dyed our dog turquoise."

"What?"

"Please."

"Okay." dragging the word out a bit.

"Great see you soon."

"Wait." I say, But Zea hangs up, but I finish my sentence anyways just in spite of it.

"Where do you live?"