Chapter 8

Chapter 8:

Parker's POV (Finally!)

I woke up to the soft snoring of Jerome. I started to sit up but something fell onto my lap. There sat The Fault in Our Stars. I must have woken up in the middle of the night and started reading. I did that a lot at home when I woke up and couldn't go back to sleep.

I had woken up last night from being in a coma for a few days. Jerome explained what happened causing my memories to come back. We cried for awhile but afterwards it was nice. We relaxed and watched a movie.

In the reclining chair beside me slept Jerome. His mouth was open slightly and he was drooling onto the travel pillow around his neck. He was so adorable!

I decided to continue reading until Jerome woke up. I started to cry when I got to (SPOILER ALERT) when Augustus dies. (SPOILER ALERT OVER) When Jerome wakes up, a look of worry crosses his face.

"What's wrong babe?"

"Babe?" I ask.

"Yeah I thought it would be cute," he blushed.

"It is." I grabbed his hand and smiled at him. He was adorable when he blush. "Are the investigators supposed to come today?" I asked him.

"Yeah, they said about 1 o'clock. They haven't found the guy yet though." He looked down at the ground and frowned.

"It's okay. He can't get me here. Anyways you saved my life. If it wasn't for you, I'd be dead," I smiled at him reassuringly, gripping his hand a little tighter.

"But you still could have died! If I would have went inside with you or something this might not of happened at all," Jerome muttered.

"He still would have been there. It wouldn't matter whether you were there or not. Then you would have been hurt too."

I rub the palm of his hand with my fingers and smiled at him. I hated seeing him like this. I sat up and leaned over towards Jerome and kissed him lightly on the cheek. He looked up and genuinely smiled at me. He started to lean in but was rudely interrupted by the nurse who had my breakfast.

She smiled and set my tray down and quickly left the room. Jerome stole my apple before I even had a chance to see what I had to eat.

"Hey!" I yelled. "I was going to eat that!"

"The doctor said you had to have a soft food only diet for the rest of the day."

"Well then why do I have an apple and carrots on my tray? Wait, why do I even have carrots at all for breakfast? This is a weird hospital," I exclaimed.

"I know right," he said taking a bite of the apple.

I glared at him and continued to eat my breakfast.

-------------------

"Excuse me Miss. There is a police officer here to see you," the nurse says.

I sit up and little and grip onto Jerome's hand.

A lady who looks to be in her late 30s walks into the room. She has gray hair in a bun on the back on her head and she is wearing a police uniform of course.

"Hello Miss Hughes. I'm here to ask you a few questions about what happened a few days ago."

I just nod. I know that if I tried to speak nothing would come out. I don't want to have to remember that night. The only good thing was mine and Jerome's date.

"I need you to tell me what happened. I know that can be hard but I need you to tell me everything you remember. This will help us find who did this to you," she explains.

"When I came home there was a man in the kitchen." I started.

She nodded and wrote down everything I said. The rest was a blur.