Chapter 7

Jerome's POV

It has been about two and half days since Parker was put in the hospital. She has improved tremendously but still hasn't woken up yet. Mitch and Ty left last night and haven't returned. I have been here since Parker has been here.

Her father is nowhere to be seen. He hasn't gone home that we know of or called Mitch's or Parker's cellphone, and no one has seen him. I hope he shows up soon. Parker can't go home with a signature from a legal guardian since she is only seventeen.

I have been a nervous wreck for the past few days, but the doctor and nurses convinced me into getting some food from the cafeteria.

It was the same old thing, hot soup and crackers and an assortment of vegetables. It wasn't the best but I've had worst.

I sit at a table near the corner of the cafeteria and start to eat. I haven't been able to think properly since what happened. I have been so worried. She died! That had to be the worst day of my life.

I don't know what I would have done if Parker died. I finally confessed my feelings and she died! Luckily they were able to bring her back to life.

Once I finished eating I leaned back in my chair. The hospital cafeteria was painted gray and had the same tile floor as the rest of the hospital. The walls needed to be repainted the ceiling had water stains from a flood a few years ago.

I noticed a little girl coming towards me. She had long blonde hair and bright blue eyes. She couldn't have been older then seven.

"Hello mister," she said confidently. "May I sit with you?"

"Uh sure."

Where was this girl's parents?

"What your name mister?" She asked.

"Jerome. What's your name and where are your parents?"

"I'm Lucy," she smiled. "My mommy is visiting my daddy. He hasn't woken up in awhile though. Mommy said to wait outside his room but I got hungry and came down here."

"What room is your dad in? Your mom is probably worries about you."

"Room 249 but I don't want to go back up there." She pauses a moment before continuing. "I'm hungry."

"What do you want?"

She thinks awhile before she gets this huge smile on her face.

"Mac and cheese mister! It's my favorite!" She says excitedly.

"Well if I get you some mac and cheese will you let me take you back to your dad's room?" I ask her

"Sure!"

After getting Lucy her Mac and cheese we head up to room 249. Inside I see a woman who looks like an older version of Lucy sitting next to a man in a hospital bed with countless tubes in him.

"Oh my gosh, Lucy! where have you been?" The woman yells as Lucy enters the room.

"I was with Jerome! He got me mac and cheese!"

The woman looks at me noticing my presence.

"Thank you so much. I was so worried about her and I went looking for her but I couldn't find her and I'm just really glad you found her. Here, let me pay for the mac and cheese," she said digging into her purse.

"No it's fine."

"Please, I insist. You found my daughter and bought her mac and cheese. It's the least I can do," she insisted.

"It really isn't necessarily. I have to go. Bye," I said turning away and walking out of the room.

&-&-&-&

I sat in Parker's room holding her hand and waiting for Mitch and Ty to come back. I leaned back in the chair slowly falling asleep when Parker's hand was moved from mine. I open my eyes to see Parker slowly sitting up, awake.
---------------------------

Hello there! Sorry i haven't posted in awhile. I haven't had inspiration to write. I have a few ideas but I have some ideas for other stories! Would you read another one of my stories if i wrote one?

Also, this story has 1,645 reads! What!?!?! OMG! I can't believe it! You are all so supportive and seem to love my story! Thank you so much for that!

This is more of a filler chapter. It would have more to it but i really wanted to post something but i didn't really want to write anymore so i cut it short. Hope you understand. Have a great day!