𝖲𝖧𝖨𝖢𝖧𝖨𝖩𝖴𝖴𝖲𝖠𝖭

Start from the beginning

Izuku landed onto the ground, his feet slid against the concrete as he placed a hand down to balance himself out. "You think you're better than me, but if you seriously believe you're going to surpass me as a hero even with your new power you better think again Deku!" Izuku's once determined expression faltered as he was shocked to hear how the blonde saw him all these years.

Izuku's lightning seized as he looked at the boy far ahead of him, "Wait, is that actually what you believed all this time?— Listen Kacchan, if I looked down on you I wouldn't want anything to do with you anymore. But I'm still here, I noticed things you couldn't all these years because I had nothing at first"

Izuku's mind flashed memories from when the two were still in middle school, his hands now balled into fists, "There were things I hated about you sure, but I can clearly see how amazing you were! Even N/n came to acknowledge that despite how you two started out."

Y/n looked off to the side at the third mention of her, 'Why am I always brought into this conversation.' The girl shut her eyes, though she knew it was not going to do anything to keep her embarrassment at bay, 'And don't speak for me Izu.'

Y/n's eyes shot open as she heard Izuku power up, "You had so much going for you that I didn't have. All Might was my hero but you were the one who was actually in my life!" The freckled male charged towards Bakugo, his speed increasing from their last quarrel.

Izuku jumped into the air, his right leg being the only thing that was coated in green light as he pulled it back. "I thought you were incredible Kacchan, I wanted to see what you've become!" Izuku sent a charged up kick towards Bakugo, though instead of countering or dodging the move the blonde blocked it with his forearms.

"That's the reason I kept chasing after you!" Upon impact, Bakugo was sent back. He caught his breath before using a large explosion to push his body towards Izuku and in a flash, Izuku charged towards Bakugo simultaneously.

Before Bakugo could even land a punch , Izuku kicked him causing the blonde to stumble back. Izuku landed onto the ground, and briefly twirled before kicking off of the ground once more. He used the momentum to turn his body mid air and got into the form of a roundhouse kick.

The soles of Izuku's shoes barely grazed Bakugo's face as he slightly leaned back to dodge.  In the process, Bakugo sent an explosion towards Izuku head on causing the two to be sent flying in opposite directions. Y/n shielded herself as the windows of the buildings near her shattered.

'Shit I can't keep up with them,' the smoke from the abrupt explosion cleared as the girl moved her arms away from her face. Izuku charged towards Bakugo as the blonde got up from the ground, "Is that all you've got!"

Bakugo shouted in anger in response to Izuku's taunt. Izuku pushed himself up into the air as Bakugo followed, he kept an arm in front of him as a shield for whatever Izuku had planned next.

Izuku charged up his leg and brought it back to prepare a lead kick, though unfortunately for Bakugo his leg was a decoy. The green light that once surrounded the boy's leg was now wrapped around Izuku's left arm.

Bakugo had no time to shield his right side and was immediately hit with five percent of Izuku's power. Izuku attempted to send the blonde towards the ground with all of his force, though, Bakugo was not going to let himself lose so easily.

"I won't— LOSE TO YOU!" He took ahold of Izuku's arm as he flipped the two around mid air. He kept his foot on Izuku's abdomen as well as a tight grip on the very arm he had used to punch him with. Bakugo rose his free hand towards the sky as a huge explosion emitted from his palm, sending the two straight into the ground sooner than expected.

Y/n shielded her eyes from both the smoke and the blinding light that emitted from the explosion. The girl waited briefly for the smoke to dissipate before moving her arms.

She immediately leaned against the wall of the building on her left side as she peaked from around the corner. The blonde currently had Izuku pinned down onto the ground, a hand on his face and the other on his arm with his legs pinned underneath Bakugo's knees.

Izuku coughed as he was out of breathe along with Bakugo, "That's it, we're done here. I won this fight—- You have All Might's power but even—- using his strength, even after making it your own, you still manage to lose to me" Bakugo said in between breaths before finally taking the moment to take in a deep breath, "Why? How could you lose?!"

"Stop this right now, both of you."

Y/n immediately ducked behind the wall as she recognized the new voice. 'Shit, it's All Might.' The girl's back was against the wall as she stayed in a seated position, she brought her knees to her chest as she peaked around the corner.

"I'm sorry but I heard what you said" All Might said as he walked towards the two boys. "All Might.." the blonde grumbled in shock as he got up from the ground, seeing the very hero he admired. "When did you get here?" Izuku asked as he lifted himself off of the ground.

"I didn't notice before. I should have" All Might said, his disappointment towards himself seeped through his tone. "It's too late now" Bakugo turned his attention away from the scrawny man behind him as he asked the questions he wanted the answers to for so long.

"Why did you pick Deku—- It started when the sludge villain came didn't it? So why him." The boy's voice increasingly lowered with every word as he felt his throat tighten. "He was powerless, but still more heroic than anyone else" All Might answered truthfully.

Y/n saw the blonde's lips start to quiver as he heard his heroes response. It wasn't what he wanted to hear, especially from the man he admired for so long. "I knew you were strong, that much was obvious. You were someone who could already fight so I decided that he should have a chance to stand in the ring."

Bakugo grunted in response to the man, "But now you know I'm weak too. I always wanted to be like you, which meant being as strong as possible. But look what I did to you.." Bakugo's voice wavered as he found it hard to voice what he was going to say next, "Because I'm not good enough."

Bakugo tightly shut his eyes as he heard All Might step towards him, "This isn't your fault young Bakugo" All Might reassured as he stopped in front of the newly vulnerable blonde. "I was always going to lose my power. You couldn't do anything to change that, you are strong. But I focused too much on your physical strength and overlooked what was important."

All Might placed a hand on the boy's head as he quivered, fighting against his own emotions. The man brought the boy in to a needed hug.

"This isn't your burden."