jonathan - kiddie love

Start from the beginning

Turning back to Jojo, you saw his mouth agape, little fragments of words spewing out of his mouth. He was trying to say something, but it looked like your kiss had left him speechless. How adorable! You pressed a finger to your mouth, gesturing for him to hold his tongue. "It's alright Jojo, you can find your words later." With that, you both quietly walked back into the house, only to be met with a scene.

Mr. Joestar was standing at the stairs with Dio by his side, a devious grin on his face. What had he told George? "Jonathan, Dio tells me you hit (Name) in the face with the football." Jonathan looked down, nodding his head. "It was an accident, I never meant for her to get hurt..." He mumbled. This irritated Mr. Joestar. "Pick your head up, Jonathan!" Jojo looked up, his eyes glossier than before. Was he going to cry? "Really, Father, you should have seen the way he aimed. Right for her face, no doubt." Dio chimed in, still grinning. Mr. Joestar gave him a look, instantly shutting him up.

You realized what had happened. Dio had gone inside, yes, but not to get help. He went in to rat on Jonathan! You finally spoke up. "Mr. Joestar, please don't punish Jojo! It wasn't his fault at all, I wasn't paying attention. There was also a slight draft in the air, maybe it tilted the ball's curve!" You protested. George gave you the same look he gave Dio, and you stayed quiet. You wanted to argue, but you knew talking back would get you into serious trouble.

"Even if it was an accident, I have to take precautions. You two won't be allowed to play catch for four days." George decided. You sighed quietly to yourself. Jonathan's head bowed down again. You felt horrible. It was because of your ditzy moment that Jojo felt so bad. You looked from Mr. Joestar to Dio, and felt angry. He hadn't gone for help at all, he left to rat on you both! That little weasel didn't care at all.

With a sigh, George sent you and Jonathan to his room for a bit while he spoke with Dio. At least he was getting reprimanded too. Sitting on his bed, Jonathan kept his head down, his lip quivering pitifully. Sitting next to him, your hand found his. Your thumb rubbed across the back of his hand back and forth to comfort him. "I'm so sorry you got yelled at, Jojo. I should have been paying attention." You mumbled, your eyes focusing on your hand.

Jonathan nodded, but then unexpectedly grinned. "Even if I got yelled at, it wasn't so bad. After all," He looked at you with that familiar cheeky grin. "I did get a kiss, didn't I?" You blinked, then giggled. "I suppose you did. But is that really so good that it overshadows getting a telling?" You asked, feeling Jojo's fingers sneakily intertwining with yours. "It is for me!" He said cheerily, the glossy eyes disappearing. Thank god he was feeling better.

"Hey, when we can play catch again, how about I teach you to pay attention? I think it'll really help you." Jonathan teased. You batted at his arm with your free hand, grinning. "Whatever! I'm still good at catching balls when I'm paying attention." You retorted. Jojo snorted, causing you to bat at him even more with your arguments to keep him quiet. The day had a silver lining after all.

⭐️

A week passed since the football incident, and it was another gorgeous day. Today you had a special kind of dress on. It was a sun dress that reached your lower thighs, much shorter than you usually wore. You didn't know why, but you wanted to show off. Maybe it was just a good day for showing off. Skipping out of the house, your mother called to you to be back before supper. You gave her a thumbs up and ran to the Joestar mansion, excited to see your best friend.

Running along the solid dirt road was refreshing. You could see all of the countryside with your steady pace, occasionally passing other teens on the road. They'd smile and greet you, and you would smile back, but you weren't focusing on them. You were going to save your best smiles for someone else. Sure, you needed to socialize more often, you were a young lady after all, but socializing with more than three people was a little adventurous for yourself.

Finally, the mansion came into view. You could just barely make out Jonathan's tall body with Danny's huge one. You adored Danny just as much as you did Jonathan, they both shared a wholesome kind of feeling. "Jojo, I'm here!" You called out as you ran faster, perking both Jojo and Danny's heads up. As you came closer, you could see Jonathan's bright smile. He ran towards you, wrapping you up in his arms as you both met. He twirled you around, keeping you close, your laughter infectiously making Jojo laugh too.

Danny barked excitedly as Jonathan put you down. "Danny! Come here you big puppy!" You called, scratching and petting Danny fervently. He seemed to love the attention, and brushed his nose up against your leg. As Jonathan looked down to see where Danny was nosing you, he noticed the considerably shorter dress you were wearing. "Trying to impress someone?" He asked curiously. "Maybe. Who do you think it is?"

Jonathan thought, putting a finger on his chin. "Hmm, well, Dio's in town today, and you came to see me..." He gasped. "For me?" You smiled and nodded, your affirmation colouring Jonathan's cheeks pink. Your eyes then laid upon the giant oak tree in the yard. "Let's climb the tree Jojo! My dress won't get in the way this time!" You grabbed his hand and ran towards the tree, dragging Jojo behind you.

Reaching the tree, you put your memory to work. Your hand reached for the grasp, and you pulled yourself up, hugging the tree with your legs. Once secure on the trunk, you found the second grasp and grabbed it, swinging yourself to the comfortable branch, your foot keeping your balance on a footrest. "Come up here, Jojo!" You called.

Jonathan grinned mischievously. You cocked an eyebrow, and watched him go behind the tree. "What're you planning?" You called, but Jojo didn't respond. You tried to turn your neck to see where he was, but you couldn't find him. Did he run off? No, he wouldn't do that. Though he wasn't one quite yet, Jonathan was training to be a gentleman, and a gentleman wouldn't just leave someone in a tree. You were shaken out of your thoughts by a sudden "Boo!" from your left side, making you nearly fall off. There was Jonathan, all snug on a thicker, higher branch.

"Jojo, you nearly killed me!" You retorted, pouting your bottom lip. He snorted. "Me, nearly killing you? I think it would take a lot more than a tree to kill you." He said. You shot him a look, followed by laughing. "Whatever, you goose. Could you grab my hand while I climb up there? I don't want to fall for real and break my neck."

Grabbing his outstretched hand, you hauled yourself up onto the higher branch. The way you landed had Jonathan's back against the trunk, with your legs straddling the branch and your bodies pressed together. Of course, given that you two were so close now, Jojo's cheeks were red once more. This time, however, he didn't butcher his words or try to play it off. Jonathan's arms wrapped around your waist, pulling you into him. This time it was your turn to blush, but you didn't resist. Letting your own arms relax, you felt really comfortable in your spot.

Eventually, you leaned your head against his chest and listened to his ever increasing heartbeat. "You can calm down, Jojo, we won't fall." You tried to reassure him. "That's not why I'm nervous..." He muttered, and you looked back up at him. Was he finally going to tell you? "Well, why don't you tell me?" Jonathan gulped.

"Well, I really fancy you, and really do want to date you, if that's fine with you of course!" He managed out, his grip on you getting tighter. You smiled at him and leaned up to kiss his jaw. "It's fine with me, Jojo, now relax." Jonathan grinned from ear to ear and cheered loudly, kicking his legs a bit. You giggled at his antics and laid your head back against his chest. Finally you two were a couple! Fate chose to bless you both, and you hoped that eventually, things might even become more serious.

But for now, you were going to enjoy your time with Jojo up in the tree; away from Dio; away from George; away from the world.

⭐️ kiddie love - end ⭐️
god this was long overdue. jonathan best jojo for life 🤘❤️

Word count: 2298