mista - just like me

( Requested by ralsalsa )

A chilly September breeze ruffled through your hair as you walked down the streets of Venice. The summer rays had long been replaced by cloudy days and cool winds. You much preferred summer time. It was warm and bright and hustling with life, unlike September, where everything began to die.

You didn't really know where you wanted to go today as you walked. Sure, you could have called on your magical ghost pal, [ G Y P S Y  R O A D ], but you didn't need her for everything.[ G Y P S Y  R O A D ]'s ability revolved around bronze and compasses. You could create a mental compass to wherever you wanted to go, and you could change your body parts into anything bronze, like a bronze axe as an arm. It was a pretty nifty ability.

There weren't many people like you in Italy, or at least they didn't show themselves. Because of the lack of people like you, you usually had  [ G Y P S Y  R O A D ] out with you. She was a tall, lean humanoid stand, with a large gold shawl that covered her eyes and chest. Her base was light brown with white markings of the compass directions, as well as a mouth that had bronze lips. She could speak, and her voice sounded a lot like Susanna Hoffs. It was almost strange, but you weren't complaining. She was one of your only friends. You had even given her the nickname Jip.

"Where will we go today?" Jip asked softly, shaking you out of your thoughts. You shrugged, looking down at your feet. "Wherever the road takes me, I guess." Jip opened her mouth to reply, but then stopped. She was in a battle position, and you could feel your arms tingling, the same tingling when you were getting ready to make your limbs bronze.

"Who's there?" You asked, looking around. It must have been something really odd if it scared Jip enough to be preparing your limbs. You stayed still, listening intently. A moment of silence, and you began to hear little high pitched voices.

"Guys, we should really head back already, Mista is probably looking for us!

"Shut up Number Five! We already told you the plan, now zip it or I'll beat the shit out of you again!"

"Quit bickering, you two! Someone's suspicious!"

The tiny voices quieted down, and you remained still. This time, Jip called out. "Show yourselves. You cannot hide forever."

"Why is Susanna Hoffs in Italy?!"

"I said shut UP Five!"

At first, you thought you weren't looking at things right. When they came out, you thought it was a group of little yellow canaries. A little yellow thing, with a head shaped like a tear drop, came out from behind a street lamp. It had the number one on it's forehead. Five other little creatures followed behind it, the one with a five on it's head looking like it had been beaten up or knocked around.

You felt the tingling go away in your arm. Something in your gut was telling you that you didn't need to fight. "What.. are you guys?" You asked cautiously, still letting [ G Y P S Y  R O A D ] stay out, just in case.

The one with a three on it's head gave you a look, almost looking annoyed you even asked. "Are you an idiot? We're Stands, obviously." You raised your eyebrows. "Stands? What's that?" This only made the one with a three even more annoyed. "That's what we are, stupid! And that chick next to you!" It muttered something else in Italian that you couldn't hear, but you could guess what it said based on it's tone.

"So, are you guys like, someone else's Stands then?" You continued asking. The seventh one nodded, it's eyes looking brighter as it spoke. "His name is Guido Mista, and he's the baddest mofo there is!" The others nodded, all of them showing crooked grins, even the beaten up one. "Guido, huh? Well, is he nearby or something? Jip has a range of seven meters, so that's why I'm asking."