jonathan - kiddie love

Author's note! Reader is female in this!

⭐️

Some could say you and Jonathan were dating, but that wasn't the truth. At least, not entirely. It was painfully obvious that the youngest Joestar had the hugest crush on you, and you would be a liar if you said you didn't reciprocate those feelings a little bit. You knew how Jojo felt about you, but you never acted on it. You wanted him to build the courage to tell you.

You and Jojo had always been close. Your families were both friends, and you practically grew up alongside Jonathan. When his mother died, you were both too young to remember, but your parents did. They pitied him, and offered George that they would also step in and help him parent Jojo. George accepted their offer graciously. He was an adorable baby, but boy was Jonathan a handful. Always rowdy and playing with a cheeky smile.

You both were 14 now, almost 15, just barely in your teens. The world was big and scary, but you two had each other's backs. If one was knocked down, the other would pick them right up. You two had an inseparable bond. When Jonathan told you about his new adopted brother, Dio, you smiled and said you wanted to meet him, but something in your gut wasn't sure about this Dio kid.

The day you met Dio was the day your bond with Jonathan became strained. Taking your hand and kissing it, Dio showed himself as a charmer, a sweet talker. You giggled at his antics, but when you glanced at Jonathan and saw his lip quiver ever so slightly, you didn't know how to feel. "My name is Dio Brando. You're (Name). Jojo has told me so much about you." Your eyebrows went up. He already knew you a lot? How much did Jonathan tell him about you? Did he tell Dio about his crush? You were puzzled.

"How about we go into the garden and talk there? Luncheon still isn't ready, so maybe we can play a game or something?" Jonathan suggested. You beamed and nodded, wanting to get out of the house. It was a beautiful day outside, and it would be a shame to waste it indoors. Dio didn't seem as enthusiastic, but came along regardless.

Picking up the pig skin ball, Jojo chucked it towards you for you to catch. Your hands outstretched, you just barely caught it before it went sailing right into the rose bushes. "Be careful, you goose!" You teased him kindly, his cheeks flushing considerably. Dio watched from the shade of the tree, his unnaturally amber eyes following your every movement. You tried inviting him to play with you both, but he was having none of it, saying that he wasn't in the mood. You blew a raspberry at him and continued playing with Jojo, your skirts tossing back and forth as you jumped up to grab the ball.

"This one is going to be my best throw!" Jonathan said confidently, arching his shoulder and forearm. You preoccupied yourself with watching Jojo's steps. With a determined look in his eye, he took three steps back and hurled the ball towards you. You hadn't prepared yourself at all, and the ball slammed right into your soft face, taking you down. You went down, tears welling up. It had hit you right in the lip, bursting the skin. Blood stained your lips bright red, and your tears made your face glisten in the sun.

"(Name)!" Jonathan sprinted as fast as he could over to you, dropping onto his knees to see if he could help you. "Are you alright? I'm so so sorry, I didn't expect the ball to go so low!" He apologized profusely, taking out his handkerchief. With one hand cupping your jaw to keep you steady, his other dabbed at your lip with the cloth, trying to get as much blood as he could off your face. "I'll be alright, thank you, Jojo." You found it really gentlemanly of Jonathan to be acting in this way. Once the blood had stopped flowing and your mouth was no longer stained red, you pressed a kiss to his cheek.

Jonathan's eyes, which had been a little glossy since he had inadvertently punted you with a football, became wide, his cheeks emblazoned red and a hand gingerly feeling where you had kissed his face. You stood up, dress scuffled and knees stained green from the harsh landing on the grass. You offered him your hand, which he took. When you looked to see where Dio was, he wasn't by the tree anymore. Maybe he had left to go get a maid or Mr. Joestar when you were hurt.