22 • Evening Walk

~ A Few Weeks After Funeral ~

Junkyu adjusted a picture frame of him, his father and Kevin the last time they went on vacation at Jeju Island a few years back.

"I missed you.." He says in a very quiet voice.

"Junkyu? Let's go," Kevin calls him out from the living room. "What are you do-" He stops his sentences upon seeing Junkyu's tears while holding the frame.

"Let's go," Junkyu pats Kevin's back as he walks out from the house after wiping off his tears.

After they arrive at the law firm, they hand in the documents which they signed after their father's funeral.

Ms. Kang gladly accept the contract and hands them the keys to their new home.

"How about our things?" Kevin asks.

"We'll send a few trucks to move in all your things. The day after tomorrow. Is that fine with you?" She says with a smile.

"Yes," Kevin and Junkyu nods and then leave the office.

[Lee Eunchae's POV]

I walk out from my father's house with a reference book in my right hand. I walk over to the garden at the back of the house to find some peace to study.

As I sit at the sofa, Lad, my father's dog come in running to me

As I sit at the sofa, Lad, my father's dog come in running to me. I laugh my ass off as he started to climb on top of me and licks all over my face.

"He needs to take a walk. Would you do that for me? Honey, I know you're studying but I have to attend a meeting for a few hours," My father says from the open curtain.

"Sure," I say with a laugh as I put on Lad's collar. I bring him to a walk around the neighborhood and stop at a cafe to buy some drinks.

I ordered Frappuccino and a few slices of cake to-go and return home before dusk. When I return home, I can see my father is already back in front of his computer, writing some stuffs and designing some drawings for his upcoming building projects.

"I'm gonna head for a bath and we can have dinner together." I say as I walk upstairs. He could barely hear me. I just know it.

After I take a brief shower, I head downstairs and he is not in his working area anymore. I peek my head through the kitchen door and see him serving food for dinner.

"I don't have time to cook for dinner. Sorry for the western takeouts," He says with a smile. I smile back at him and sits in front of him.

"It's okay. It has been some time since we had pasta back at home," I say with a chuckle.

___________________________

Thank you for reading this book! Feel free to give it a like and comments 🥰

I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter, my lovely Sunny Fairies 🧚‍♀️ !