12 • Someone

"Your mother won't be mad right?" Yedam asks with a chuckle as we walk along the aisle.

"Nope, she's not here for a couple of days," I say and pick up literally EVERYTHING that I feel like without feeling ANYTHING.

- At The Counter -

"I'm sorry... I think I chose too much," I say and scratches my temple.

"No no, it's okay. You can eat them for tomorrow too.. If it can stay that long?" Yedam says and laughs. I hit his back and he pays for the food.

"It's late. I have to get back, hyung(s) will get mad," He says while looking at his watch.

I wave him goodbye and walk to my house. I lock the front gate after getting in and take a shower right away.

~ The Next Day ~

I take the bus straight away to the stadium as I have to train myself a little bit more before the competition. I regret eating Yedam's food yesterday! They were a lot!

Today is finally the day where I get to pour my last bit of energy to win the 800 metres run. Sadly, Jisoo can't make it to school yet. Now, I'm sitting on the bench in the changing room after I changed into my running attire.

 Now, I'm sitting on the bench in the changing room after I changed into my running attire

I was about to wear my shoes then someone knock on the door. "Come in," I say and Miss Tham, my coach enter with a smile.

"You ready?" She asks in English as she couldn't speak Korean. She's from Thailand. I nod and she sits next to me. "Your lucky shoes?" She asks as she sees my shoes in the box.

I nod again and she hands me an apple and a chocolate bar

I nod again and she hands me an apple and a chocolate bar. I thank her and she gets out from the room. I look at the clock and the run will start in 45 minutes. Through the glass window, I can see students from other school is walking to the stadium. I take a deep breath and tie my shoelace as tight as I can.

As I was eating my chocolate bar, "Hey, do you have band-aid?" Ji Hye asks as she peeks through his locker door.

"Hmm? What's wrong?" I ask and walk close to her.

"I got blister at the back of my ankle," She says and I look at her ankle. I roll down her socks and I can see red cast at the back of her ankle. I walk to my locker and take a few band-aids. I stick them to her ankle and roll her socks up. She sits on the bench while I re-tie her shoelace so that they're not too tight.

"Better?" I ask and she gives me a thumbs up.

"Eun Chae!!" Someone call my name and it happens to be Mina.

"Yea?" I peek my head through and she smiles.

"Someone wants to meet you. Come on out after you talk to him, we need to warm up," She says. I nod and take the jacket with my school logo over my arm.

___________________________

Thank you for reading this book! Feel free to give it a like and comments 🥰

I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter, my lovely Sunny Fairies 🧚‍♀️ !