13 • Winner

I come out from the room with my jacket and peek through the door.

To my surprise, Kevin is waiting for me nervously

To my surprise, Kevin is waiting for me nervously. "Oh.. you're here," He says and I nod.

"I thought you wouldn't make it," I say and smile. He laughs and hands me a sunflower. "How do you know I like sunflower?" I ask and breath in the smell of it.

"I bought random flower.. and because I like sunflower, but I wouldn't know that we would like the same flower," He says with a chuckle.

"So.. I just want to wish you all the best," He finally says after a couple seconds of silence. "How about this.. if you get first place, I'll take you out.. you know, anywhere," He says and scratches his temple afterwards.

"Hmm.. what if I don't get first?" I ask while crossing my arm over my chest.

"Well, I'll stick to you all week. Annoyingly," He says and smirks.

"Hmmm..." I look at the ground and smile. "Well then, I need to warm up, see you later!" I say and turn around. "But.. the second deal sounds good too," I say and his face changes very bright red. I laugh while wearing my jacket. I run to the center of the stadium to warm up with my teammates.

I begin to stretch my muscles and take a few jogs around the stadium. I drink a lot of water and head to the toilet before the competition start.

As all of us stand at the center of the stadium, cheers can be heard loudly as the MC start to announce our school's name. After that, we sing our school songs proudly with our hand on top of our school logo on top of our left chest.

~

"Look! Eun Chae is about to run!" I heard the crowd cheers my name as I take off my jacket and get into my position on track. I re-tie my hair tightly and take a deep breath. As the horn released, my body automatically stand up and run from my position. The crowds are going wild but all I can hear now is my heart saying...

I'm gonna win this!

As I'm in my second round of the track, I start to increase my pace and head to the front. Now, I'm in the second place. The girl from Myeongsin Girls' School's have no expression on her face. As we were about to arrive at the finishing line, I just can't take it anymore. I force myself to go more.

Please! Just a little bit more!

I shout as loud as I can with all of my might and close my eyes. I run straight ahead and the crowd goes silence. I can feel the finishing ribbon touches my abdomen lightly.

I open my eyes and turn around to look at my opponents. They're all lying down, scattered on the track while I stand still and breath heavily. I look at the crowd and I can't hear anything although I can see that their mouth are cheering for me.

After a few seconds, the sound of their cheers starts to get more clearer and I finally can see my name on the big screen. Next to my name is the shining box, showing that I've won first on that 800 metres run. I automatically run to my coach and hug her tight.

"You did it!" She says and I jump excitedly with her.

"I know!" I say and suddenly cry out of happiness.

___________________________

Thank you for reading this book! Feel free to give it a like and comments 🥰

I hope all of you enjoyed this chapter, my lovely Sunny Fairies 🧚‍♀️ !