With a groan, she stood up to get herself dressed so she wouldn't be late. A button-up and jeans would do, she decided, and only bothered to touch up her makeup slightly before taking another swig from her bottle while grabbing her bag and heading out of the door.

"Alright, Kim, two shots and then you talk."

Jisoo had barely gotten into their usual booth when the barkeep had walked over with four shots and a pitcher of beer.

"No snacks?" She asked him, flashing him a smile. He rolled his eyes and went back to produce a bowl of nuts for the two of them before settling back behind the bar.

"Thank you, Bogum." Jisoo called out. She only received a halfhearted grunt in response. Bogum was not much of a speaker, especially not when he was at work.

"Jisoo."

Jisoo looked at Lisa and sighed. "Fine. What is it?"

"Vodka. I want you speaking, dear."

Jisoo downed the first shot and grimaced as the liquid burned her mouth and throat. "You clearly cheap-assed your way tonight. What is this, petrol?"

"I'm as broke as you are, Kim." Lisa scoffed as she downed the second shot with no visible reaction from her part. "Now down that shot and then spill your guts, because you've been avoiding me for weeks."

"Fine."

The second shot went down easier. Jisoo could already feel her head swimming and her tongue loosening, and cursed Lisa for knowing exactly how to get her to speak.

"Jinyoung's gone."

Lisa did not appear phased. "He's always gone."

"No, he's gone for good. He left, Lisa."

"That's good, right? You hated that bastard."

Jisoo shrugged. "Yeah. Not too much of a fan of his side-skanks."

"I would have killed him, you know? All you had to do was ask."

"Considering you were one of said side-skanks, I feel like that would have been somehow crossing the line. Besides, you gave him a proper ass-whooping already."

Lisa shot her a dirty look. "I didn't know he had a girlfriend. He said he was single and visiting town for one night. How was I supposed to know you'd walk in in the middle of it all?"

"Best thing that happened to me all year, that's for sure." Jisoo grumbled. Her friendship with Lisa was complicated to say the least. She had been one of the many girls Jinyoung had cheated on her with, but she had been the only one who hadn't known about Jisoo. And when she'd found out, she had wasted no time to whoop his ass and kick him out of the apartment to console an upset Jisoo.

And somehow, a beautiful friendship had emerged from that unfortunate first-time meeting.

"So he's gone."

"Yeah."

"That's good."

"Not when I can't afford the rent on my own."

Lisa's expression softened. "You can always move in with me. My landlord is super lax."

Jisoo sighed and rested her head against her hand. "I might have to take you up on that. I couldn't get the job today, and I can't afford my current rent with my waitressing. I might have to become a stripper."

"You wouldn't be a very good stripper."

"I know." Jisoo sighed again. "I just can't seem to get a job anywhere."